1UP bike racks in Australia?

SAM08R

Squid
Hi all

Wondering whether anyone knows if 1Up bike racks are available in Australia. Have seen them extensively reviewed in overseas MTB mags and sites.... impressive.

I swear I saw a customers car at my work fitted with one last week, but he left before I could chase him down to confirm and ask where he sourced it.

teK--

Eats Squid
Hi all

Wondering whether anyone knows if 1Up bike racks are available in Australia. Have seen them extensively reviewed in overseas MTB mags and sites.... impressive.

I swear I saw a customers car at my work fitted with one last week, but he left before I could chase him down to confirm and ask where he sourced it.
He probably paid a fortune to have them shipped over

SAM08R

Squid
Have seen both the grip and isi product. Neither were impressively designed or ticked all the boxes, plus they def do not seem well priced to me.

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have seen both the grip and isi product. Neither were impressively designed or ticked all the boxes, plus they def do not seem well priced to me.
Hard man to please!

I've got the shingleback 6 bike rack, not the same style etc as those 1ups.. but it's awesome

Dtrain08

Cannon Fodder
I like the look of the 1UP as well. I could not find a local distributor. They only list US and Canada as shipping destinations, so I emailed them and they said they would send direct to Aus, or to a freight forwarder. They are going to send me a fedex quote, which I expect to be way too expensive. I did have a quick look at shipping via sea and that looks a lot more affordable (sub $200, takes around 6 weeks). I may be over in the US in March, so will have a look at them in person then.

SAM08R

Squid
Dtrain08 maybe throw a few in your carry on for the return US trip... ;-)

They look to be one of the best designed racks I have seen. Many reviewing users seem to agree, and they still retain many of the conveniences of other racks eg. folding and easy tool less install, no frame contact, modular etc.

binner

Hath shat hymself
Hi all

sheesh, I never looked at their gear but "holy cow". They got it sorted!!.. That is some trick carrier system. Love the add-on system. Hmm I'm over there in Sept/ Oct ..... may have to look into these...

99_FGT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
sheesh, I never looked at their gear but "holy cow". They got it sorted!!.. That is some trick carrier system. Love the add-on system. Hmm I'm over there in Sept/ Oct ..... may have to look into these...
Railin in brisbane do something similar, check them out.
Love the one up single, i rarely carry more than one bike.

SAM08R

Squid
same here 99_FGT.... do you have one.

PS great lead on the Railin rack guys. The rack may be a little more agricultural but the integrated led lights.... schmick! Doesn't look like it tilts down though.

99_FGT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I don't have a railin, but have a single bike rack which I can leave on the car with no issue
I use a Yakima mount from a holdup on my car with a bracket to the towball. Unfortunately still waiting for HR to get their a into g to comply the towbar for my new car so don't have any pics

blaah

Cannon Fodder
Anybody found any 1Up racks in Aus?

Was also looking for a Rocky Mounts, but same deal, can't find any in Aus... any recommendations?

Wanting single bike rack (so it's light), hitch mount, tilt (so I can access the back of the car) and something solid. Both of these seem to hit the mark.

rstim

Likes Dirt
Anybody found any 1Up racks in Aus?

Was also looking for a Rocky Mounts, but same deal, can't find any in Aus... any recommendations?

Wanting single bike rack (so it's light), hitch mount, tilt (so I can access the back of the car) and something solid. Both of these seem to hit the mark.
Have you had a look at Gripsport they make great racks and will last for years.
https://www.gripsport.com.au/product-category/bike-racks-cars-4wds-suvs/

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

blaah

Cannon Fodder
Have you had a look at Gripsport they make great racks and will last for years.
https://www.gripsport.com.au/product-category/bike-racks-cars-4wds-suvs/

I use to have a Gripsport rack many years ago that held the bikes by their cranks - so many scratched cranks :( Thanks for the prompt though, their racks look like they have come a long way, but I can't find any that just clamp the wheel, and I don't want to clamp the frame so they are a no go

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I saw an Aussie co last week making replica 1up racks but I cannot for the life of me remember their name sorry!

rstim

Likes Dirt
Cheers mate but facebook is dead to me...but from the pics i see looks like an aussie version and made in a burb of tbar
Added a screenshot from Facebook with contact details. Unsure if the racks tilt but if they don't hopefully one can be modified too.