$2.5 million for Tassie West Coast trails and maybe Maydena?

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
World trail have a style, and where ever they build will be similar.
The soil and rock maybe different but the roller/berm set up is the same from Atherton in FNQ to Derby and St Helen's in TAS. And more than likely they will be similar in the Georgetown trails that they will be building in the next 12 months or so.
Most trail builders have there "style" and one of the great things in TAS has been the number of different trails that been built by different build teams, it has given TAS a good variety of trails so far.
World Trail do have a "Template" that they use and I have noticed their work in Cairns was similar to Derby but with other contractors, it sometimes depends on who they have working for them at the time. Trail builders do move around to where the work is and swap from one contractor to the other. My brother has worked for Next Level MTB, Trail Scapes, World Trail back to Next Level MTB and now back with Trail Scapes.
I do agree that variety is a good thing to have. Derby is awesome but I wouldn't want every trail to be like that.

Stredda

I was privileged enough yesterday to be invited to a sneak peek and ride about 10km of the new Mt Owen trails in Queenstown.

These trails have the most scenic environment of any other trail in the country by far. In the morning shuttle runs, before the clouds came in there were the most amazing views in all directions, and seeing the trails way off in the distance that you were riding to really laid out amazing scale of the mountain you are riding on. I can't share any photos due to the media embargo but they are definitely something be seen and they should have the first section open in about the end of July.
It's a lot like riding in New Zealand or Scotland, so you have to be prepared for all weather conditions and there's no dirt, just gravel and rock. Considering how much rain we had over night the trails rode very well. The black descent was a real brake burner and was loose and raw, I struggled to keep my speed in check but was a blast just skidding and sliding down the loose rock.
I can certainly see a few trips down there once they get some more complete and open for sure.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
The black descent was a real brake burner and was loose and raw, I struggled to keep my speed in check but was a blast just skidding and sliding down the loose rock.
I can certainly see a few trips down there once they get some more complete and open for sure.
Seems like a great demonstration that high volume mtb tourism is sustainable in sensitive environments.....

Stredda

I wouldn't say Queenstown is a prime example of a pristine wilderness though...
Yes the whole mountain has been affected by over a hundred years of mining, so what is there now cannot be killed:p

The have had some big changes in the alignments and the team doing the environmental study has said don't worry about it there's nothing out there to harm.

With the black trail I mentioned, although it is shuttled, it is still a 5km ride with a substantial climb up to it so won't be a trail that will be hit by the masses, it will be a much dedicated rider that will venture out that far.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Yes the whole mountain has been affected by over a hundred years of mining, so what is there now cannot be killed:p

The have had some big changes in the alignments and the team doing the environmental study has said don't worry about it there's nothing out there to harm.

With the black trail I mentioned, although it is shuttled, it is still a 5km ride with a substantial climb up to it so won't be a trail that will be hit by the masses, it will be a much dedicated rider that will venture out that far.
Will have to climb up there in November for the Trans Tasmania.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I did it in my wrx once. I've never raced a car, but i think I'm a reasonably confident driver at speed. I got caught buy a guy in a single cab 2wd drive hilux ute while between derwent bridge and queenstown...
Ouch! Haha.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
I did it in my wrx once. I've never raced a car, but i think I'm a reasonably confident driver at speed. I got caught buy a guy in a single cab 2wd drive hilux ute while between derwent bridge and queenstown...
Yeah there was a guy here in the RNP who drove a Hilux 2WD ute with some mods, an older one. I had to drive the tits off to drop him in the corners. Lord knows how squirrelly that ute was at those speeds.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Some of the guys who mainly drive the backroads are nuts down here. Out of curiousity i've briefly followed a Landy towing a trailer at 160+ on narrow backroads and windy corners out behind Liena, dude was booking it - I was out of comfort zone driving an outback with advan sport rubber.

mark22

Likes Dirt
Some of the guys who mainly drive the backroads are nuts down here. Out of curiousity i've briefly followed a Landy towing a trailer at 160+ on narrow backroads and windy corners out behind Liena, dude was booking it - I was out of comfort zone driving an outback with advan sport rubber.
Hhmmm rednecks, what could go wrong, sounds they have like the Kiwi driver's cavalier attitude to driving, probably why their road toll is about 50% per capita worse than Au.
That is why Tasmania has the worst road toll per capita than any other state!

Stredda

Opening weekend looking suitably damp.
I would be hard to get a weekend when it wasn't :D

The trails will be fine I think as there's no dirt but you just need to be prepared with some winter riding gear. I know one guy that went to the preview ride and froze his arse off as he just rode in his normal XC riding gear.

moorey

call me Mia
I would be hard to get a weekend when it wasn't :D

The trails will be fine I think as there's no dirt but you just need to be prepared with some winter riding gear. I know one guy that went to the preview ride and froze his arse off as he just rode in his normal XC riding gear.
There’s no such thing as bad riding weather, just poor clothing choice.
Really looking forward to TransTas in November, but getting more pessimistic by the day with ongoing covid outbreaks :(