20 going on 24 - Norco Fluid FS1

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Our eldest has had a growth spurt over the past couple of months and with the previous lockdowns happening we had been getting plenty of time out on the bikes as a family. Watching her riding it became apparent that her 20” Commencal Meta wasn’t going to fit her for much longer, so I started fishing around for a new (second hand) larger ride in a 24” size.
As we are all aware, sourcing bikes in the current climate can be challenging, new or secondhand. I’d spent quite a bit of time on FB marketplace and even calling around bike shops for a new bike but to no avail. Then I came across a local bike group post where a mum was trying to find a 24” hard tail for her son. Another dad in the group happened to mention he was considering moving on his daughters Norco 24” Full suspension as he was trying to get her onto her bigger sisters bike. The OP searcher wasn’t interested so I put my hand up and thus started the waiting game. A few months passed and then I got the call i’d been hoping for before the holidays.

Turns out bike has done all of about 100km with a few runs at Thredbo and then some limited riding at home prior and during lockdowns.

Nothing really to do to it, except I have ordered some gear to set it up tubeless but that’s about it.

So here it is along with some specs.

2021 Norco Fluid FS1 24”
64.5 deg HA
145mm Manitou J-Unit Machette Fork
120mm Fox Float DPS
Sram NX 1x11
Sram SX 30T Eagle 155mm crank
Shimano BT-500 Hydraulic Brakes 180/160 FR rotors
JD TransX 100mm Dropper (yes even has a stealth routed dropper)
Maxxis DHF/DHR
640mm SDG bars

Attachments

Last edited: