2003 GT Avalanche 3.0

Flow-Rider

Burner
, the LH crank arm threads stripped while trying to take it out. ..
That's common with those cheapish crank arms, sometimes people over tighten the taper. You can get improved crank arm pullers or make something that hooks in behind the crank arm.

Some guy I bought some silver Wellgo B087 pedals I bought 2 weeks ago on Aliexpress just told me today that they don't have any, after him previously saying 3 times he will send them soon. Now he's trying to screw me over and won't refund my money.
The money gets held by Aliexpress until you tell them that the item arrives or it runs out of delivery time then the vendor gets the money. You need to start a dispute with them ASP or the vendor gets the money. I've always received the full refund and or kept the items for free when they were wrong. So far after 4 years I've never been ripped off. There are heaps of fake sellers on there hoping you forget or don't dispute.

Cyclingdealhttp://www.cyclingdeal.com.au/ are good to deal with to get welgo pedals from.

Last edited:

2DIE

Likes Dirt
That's common with those cheapish crank arms, sometimes people over tighten the taper. You can get improved crank arm pullers or make something that hooks in behind the crank arm.

The money gets held by Aliexpress until you tell them that the item arrives or it runs out of delivery time then the vendor gets the money. You need to start a dispute with them ASP or the vendor gets the money. I've always received the full refund and or kept the items for free when they were wrong. So far after 4 years I've never been ripped off. There are heaps of fake sellers on there hoping you forget or don't dispute.

Cyclingdealhttp://www.cyclingdeal.com.au/ are good to deal with to get welgo pedals from.
I'll figure something out on the weekend if it hasn't fallen off by then, I just hope I don't fall off the bike with it unsuspected if it goes.

The seller was insisting to send me black pedals when I paid for silver ones, they refused to refund and rejected my order cancellation twice, now they shipped it and said it was silver ones and shipped via China Post when I paid the extra few bucks for faster shipping and they haven't replied to me questioning them about it.

I've had my fair share of dodgy Aliexpress and eBay sellers and nearly always got my money back on all apart from a few occasions but it's just the stuffing around with the process and still having to buy what you wanted from elsewhere when you needed/wanted it weeks ago.

Flow-Rider

Burner
The seller was insisting to send me black pedals when I paid for silver ones, they refused to refund and rejected my order cancellation twice, now they shipped it and said it was silver ones and shipped via China Post when I paid the extra few bucks for faster shipping and they haven't replied to me questioning them about it.
I haven't needed to buy anything from there in while but they used to be very strict on that sort of stuff. I would still put in some sort of dispute about the postage .

2DIE

Likes Dirt
These turned up today, they were $26 shipped.

I'm not sure if I can get get the new grips off without destroying them though, I might wait until I have some back up grips just incase.

Flow-Rider

Burner
These turned up today, they were $26 shipped.
I used to like using those avid cable leavers.

I'm not sure if I can get get the new grips off without destroying them though, I might wait until I have some back up grips just incase.
Use detergent and water, get a thin bit of wire or thin screw driver shaft and work it in under the grip till you are able to twist the grip off.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Use detergent and water, get a thin bit of wire or thin screw driver shaft and work it in under the grip till you are able to twist the grip off.
Good tips. Also boiling water in a cup and then rest your grip in that also works. The grip expands due to the heat and hoohaa.

2DIE

Likes Dirt
Lost all motivation.. haven't ridden since I tried to swap the cranks.

For 2017 I promise myself to ride once a day.

2DIE

Likes Dirt
Are all of my pics in this thread missing or is it just me?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

2DIE

Likes Dirt
Something's wrong at your end, how's the riding been going and I don't want to hear excuses? Lol!
Ah... I probably rode the bike 3 times since the post saying I'm going to ride every day but... (get ready for the excuses) I haven't been able to change the 1 crank over and the rear derailleur kept kicking the chain off and instead of doing something about it and fixing it I tell myself the bike isn't working so I can't ride it.

However I got 3 free mountian bikes (in parts) today and I'm going to make another thread soon asking for suggestions what to do with them.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Out of 4 MTB's, you should end up with something good. Fire up the new thread :)

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Flow-Rider

Burner
Ah... I probably rode the bike 3 times since the post saying I'm going to ride every day but... (get ready for the excuses) I haven't been able to change the 1 crank over and the rear derailleur kept kicking the chain off and instead of doing something about it and fixing it I tell myself the bike isn't working so I can't ride it.

However I got 3 free mountian bikes (in parts) today and I'm going to make another thread soon asking for suggestions what to do with them.

Just spend the money and buy a nice new bike, you can't take money with you when you go.

The upper end bikes ride so nice you can't wait to get back on them. Ask anyone here if you don't believe, old style bikes are heavy and rough compared to the later models.

I thought you going to tell me your legs are about to fall off.

2DIE

Likes Dirt
Just spend the money and buy a nice new bike, you can't take money with you when you go.

The upper end bikes ride so nice you can't wait to get back on them. Ask anyone here if you don't believe, old style bikes are heavy and rough compared to the later models.

I thought you going to tell me your legs are about to fall off.
I don't have money to spend on bikes right now (just bought another car, have 3 now and only room for 1), but maybe in the future I will.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I don't have money to spend on bikes right now (just bought another car, have 3 now and only room for 1), but maybe in the future I will.

I like cars a lot but they will bleed you of a lot more money than bikes, see (EXCUSES!) :laugh:

17022010(003).jpg

Flow-Rider

Burner
Is that a LJ Coupe? I forget which had which tail lights now. I had a LJ coupe for years, it was a tough little rocket.

It's a genuine LC GTR XU1, It's not the exact car but the same model that Peter Brock won Bathurst in back in the days. I've owned it for more than 20 years.