2003 Mountain Cycle Rumble

LTR

Annoys the hell out of Grip!
i like what i see !!

that looks like a pretty big ht, hows it ride??

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
MEH SHHMEH WEHHH!!! HOLY SHIT, thats a SICK bike man!!!! i really like it, how much did that thing cost you? did you buy the frame and build it up or is that the complete bike?
i like it VERY much, i give it 10/10

flow

Squid
It is a Large frame, but I'm 190cm so it fits perfectly. Ride everything on it from DH to XC.

I built it up from the frame as Mountain Cycle sells frames only. The frame retails for $800 CDN or $900 AUD. The welds are flawless and the geometry is perfect. I do wish it had ISCG mounts though.

CHEWY

Eats Squid
shit that look really nice... is it alum or steel? tubing looks a little thin to be alum?

Ty

Eats Squid
Bender is CRAZY said:
Very nice bike, i haven't heard of Mountain Cycle, but they are sweet, look so nice in the black!!!
haven't heard of mountain cycles? damn, the san andres kicked arse in it's day.

Brett

Likes Dirt
the san andres hasn't changed much since it first came out so it must be pretty damn sweet (too bad they're so loud)

flow

Squid
fastrider gus said:
:shock:

looovely man! how do you like the boxxers on the HT?? have you copped much flac from it?
The main reason I went for a Boxxer instead of a SC fork was because I wanted to be able to transfer all my parts over to a DH frame in a couple months. It's a little front heavy but the angles are great and it's a lot of fun to DH on.

Bash ring is Mr.Dirt.

If some of you guys haven't seen a Mountain Cycle before you should check this out...

This is the 9point5 full on DH rig with moto inspired linkage. All frames are welded in the USA at the Kinesis factory, the same factory that welds Intense frames.

fastrider gus

super huck
flow said:
fastrider gus said:
:shock:

looovely man! how do you like the boxxers on the HT?? have you copped much flac from it?
The main reason I went for a Boxxer instead of a SC fork was because I wanted to be able to transfer all my parts over to a DH frame in a couple months. It's a little front heavy but the angles are great and it's a lot of fun to DH on.
yea im with you there.. i have the same forks on my HT, although i think the frame is on its way out :cry:
meh... BANSHEEE!!!!

fastrider gus

super huck
damn that black 9point5 looks sweet as!! those things are my dream bikes.... crikey, look at the sweat on the dude with the red Tee! lol...
seriously though, do you know what they ride like? are they stiff? the back swingarm looks like the old san andreas, which doesnt make me feel that confident about it..

flow

Squid
fastrider gus said:
damn that black 9point5 looks sweet as!! those things are my dream bikes.... crikey, look at the sweat on the dude with the red Tee! lol...
seriously though, do you know what they ride like? are they stiff? the back swingarm looks like the old san andreas, which doesnt make me feel that confident about it..
Two guys on my team ride 9.5's and they are extremely stiff. I was a bit suspect of them at first but after doing a couple runs down Whistler I know first hand how solid the bike is. There is a huge brace across the swingarm and with a thru-axle rear end it make for a very stiff chasis. I have been riding a GT DHi for the past two years and I feel that the 9.5 performs much better. I think the 5th has a lot to do with it but the frame is designed in such a way that it absolutley rails corners. The monocoque front end was designed so you can push and steer the bike through corners with your knees, it's a great frame and I look forward to racing one next season. Plus they're over $1000 cheaper then a M1 or DHS Mono and quality is just as good.