AM 2004 Kona Stinky

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
And made a quick and dirty nut.
We don't need that smutt on this forum.

Bike is coming along sweet. These bad boys were wicked from factory, so your mods are likely to either make an awesome machine or really fuck it.

What is the shock size?

link1896

Mr Greenfield
We don't need that smutt on this forum.

Bike is coming along sweet. These bad boys were wicked from factory, so your mods are likely to either make an awesome machine or really fuck it.

What is the shock size?
Standard shock is 7.785x2.00 (200 x 50) but can squeeze in a 7.785x2.25 (200 x 57)

Won't be any mods I can't easily undo.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Throwing the old 9 speed on her for now, but on the hunt for a 10 speed drive train. Going to hack the cable stops out with the Dremel to allow full length gear outers.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Throwing the old 9 speed on her for now, but on the hunt for a 10 speed drive train. Going to hack the cable stops out with the Dremel to allow full length gear outers.

I've got a couple of 10sp cassettes if you want one, just let me know and I'll drop one with the 'relaxed' people across from you again

Sent from my Xperia Z3C using Tapatalk

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I've got a couple of 10sp cassettes if you want one, just let me know and I'll drop one with the 'relaxed' people across from you again

Sent from my Xperia Z3C using Tapatalk
Yes please. I'm in my office all week, mail box might be easier if I'm not there.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Had my first sit on her tonight. Wide bars have transformed the cockpit. This thing is going to be rad.

Forks rebuilt, just need some new 25mm heatshrink for the spring. Lovely aluminium slurry came out of the left leg from the spring eating the inside of the stanchion. Left them at 200mm for now, a test ride will reveal if a medium springs is the one.

Left to do:
Rebuild guide brakes.
Hook up shifters to the 3x9 drivetrain so I can huck a retaining wall.

Last edited:

link1896

Mr Greenfield
She's alive.

No front brake yet due to a fuckwit bike store who can't get their head out of their ass and find the post office.

Haven't swapped over to a bolt up axle for the rear hub yet.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
She's alive.

No front brake yet due to a fuckwit bike store who can't get their head out of their ass and find the post office.

Haven't swapped over to a bolt up axle for the rear hub yet.
Looking great, as good as I remember the Stinky Deelux BITD.
Front brakes are overrated, ride fast and brake a bit earlier.

All you need to do is tow Vancouver right next door and you can live the dream.

Great work.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Just needs some flats, dc shoes, baggy jeans with studded belt and a skate helmet. Seats at a good spot.

Awesome resto though mate. Props for the intention to pedal it!

Edit: just realised its the old kona dj seat! Fuckin mint.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Looking good. Are you going to be keeping the 3x up front, or going single with chain guide?

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I stupidly want to pedal up, she's currently set up to use the small and middle rings, chains too short for big ring so I've locked it out, if a bash ring were to pop up I wouldn't say no.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
And night time jumps with no helmet, no gloves has resulted in an OTB into the neighbours hard rubbish pile that had some dark painted wood right where I landed.

Ouch

Well, that's this years OTB finally over and done with

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Hey, you didn't have to go to all of that trouble to impress us with that one.
As long as it was a classy OTB done with style and nothing bad broke then we are all happy.

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
And night time jumps with no helmet, no gloves has resulted in an OTB into the neighbours hard rubbish pile that had some dark painted wood right where I landed.

Ouch

I thought I was the only person that did some stupid stuff in the last couple of days!