VIC 2005 S-Works Epic | 95% Complete | $700

Bodin

GMBC
Item: 2005 S-Works Epic [L] | Incomplete "project" bike
Item Condition: Well used, plenty of paint chips + small ding in downtube near bottom bracket. Fork needs service, also needs new middle chainring, new chain & new brakepads (f & r).
Reason for selling: Bought this as a "project" bike and was planning on a complete re-spray, as previous owner recently replaced all the bearings, so the frame runs really well. Unfortunately don't have the time for a "project" at the moment, so regretful sale. I rode Mt Buller on this bike 2 months ago and the handling is sublime. Stonefly was amazing on this bike, both up AND down.
Price and price conditions: $700neg. Buyer pays postage. Will consider free local delivery in person for up front direct debit payment.
Extra Info:

Weight:
* Unknown, scales are broken and I'm not one for advertising based on the "I stood on the bathroom scales and reckon it's maybe sub-11" type of statement. Facts about this frame are that it's M5 alloy with a carbon rocker link, XTR-960 group and Mavic wheelset, so it's a pretty good weight.

Details:
* Frame - has a ding in the downtube near the BB, but is in great mechanical condition. No pivot slop.
* Fork - needs a service
* Group - needs a new middle ring & chain (not selling with a chain). XT cassette is close to new, so will mesh fine with new chain. Front and Rear brakes need new pads.
* Wheels - Mavic Crossride wheels (destickered), running tubeless with rim strips. S-Works Fast Trak tyres not used much other than Buller and still have their edges.
* Cockpit - Ritchey WCS cockpit - matching seatpost, stem, handlebar & grips. All hardly used.

Pictures:

Attachments

Cúl-Báire

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Shame it's a large, because your shed has too many bikes laying around, and mine has not enough! :lol:

Free Bump!

Bodin

GMBC
Shame it's a large, because your shed has too many bikes laying around, and mine has not enough! :lol:

Free Bump!
I'm moving to a "one mtb" status, Cul. No more "HT vs dually" or "26 vs 29" questions, just one highly-capable bike for riding anywhere, any place, any time. Kinda sad to let the others go, as they're all great rides, but I don't want to maintain 3 mtbs. I need to get back to "just riding", so everything's gotta go to make way for something new.

(I'm keeping the roadie and the pub bike - they're essentials.)