CORC XC race #3
Sparrow Hill

Sunday, August 21, 2005
8hr working week series race
Sparrow Hill

Saturday, September 03, 2005
3hr race
Kowen Homestead
-rego from 12:30 - 2:30, race starts at 3pm.

Saturday, October 08, 2005 to Sunday, October 09, 2005
MONT Australian 24hr Championships
Kowen Forrest
event website

Sunday, November 06, 2005
CORC XC race #4
Kowen Club

Sunday, Novemner 27, 2005
CORC XC race #5
Sparrow Hill

Sunday, December 18, 2005
CORC XC race #6
Majura

Maps and directions can be found here

Rego is at 8:30 am, with racing starting at 9:30am. Juniors races start at 8:45am. (unless stated otherwise)

Race entry is $10, free for U17s
Day licenses are $15
If you are under 18 you will need to have a parent/guardian sign for you.

Last edited:

astroboy

CORC Trails team
Change of location for Canberra 8hr Working Week Series race

It's now being held at Sparrow Hill, NOT Majura. Check out CORC website for details.

Cheers.

Astro

Last edited:

demo man

Used to be cool.
it is indeed, and it will be a cracker!

the track is fantastic, and everything should work well at that location.

i'll be there.

Corty

Likes Dirt
Anyone know if we'll need lights for the Kowen 3hr race?? :confused: I'm guessing that with sunset at 5:46pm on Sept 3rd, a race start time at 3pm + start time delays it's very possible the finish time will be in the dark.

demo man

Used to be cool.
from what you just said it looks like you may...

i personally don't have a clue, but it would be smart to bring some.

astroboy

CORC Trails team
Kowen 3hr Question

Corty said:
Anyone know if we'll need lights for the Kowen 3hr race?? :confused: I'm guessing that with sunset at 5:46pm on Sept 3rd, a race start time at 3pm + start time delays it's very possible the finish time will be in the dark.
Yes, you will need lights. The CORC 3hrs are run in a format to give riders approx 2hrs of light and 1hr of dark, to give riders the opportunity to use them more than a few times/year. The race is set up so that riders without lights can chose to race for the first two hours only, as a separate category.

Lets hope that the course isn't a repeat of last year's Kowen 3hr - rain on the day and leading up to the event made it an absolute quagmire.

Cheers,

Astro

demo man

Used to be cool.
taken from www.corc.asn.au

The Club XC race in December has been put back from the original date of Sun. 4 December to Sun.18, due to the Brindabella Challenge being set down for the weekend originally advertised for the Club race. To fill the gap between the Club XC race on Sun. 6 November & the December 18 race, we are adding an extra Club XC race on Sun. 27 November. This additional race will be in Sparrow Hill, & directed by Charles Anyon.
Paul Cole XC co-ordinator