2007 Giant Reign 1

Justin Fox

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Another hard day in the office (lol).

My mate Charlie and I snuck out of work again today and we hit up Lucas Heights/Menai this time as Charlie's not done anything other than Manly Dam. I'm really not sure I like Menai. It definitely doesn't flow. There's a LOT of walking to do and overall it just gets repetitive. There are some really nice tech rock bits though that you can hang out at, and that we did.

This rock structure has been on my mind ever since I first saw it. We (the boys) had never attempted it the first two times we've been to Menai but today I was determined to at least give it a go.

I think I can.

I think I can.

I think I can.

Going back up SATISFIED!

Charlie the man, he did it too and took a way cleaner line than I did. He's awesome at picking lines and to think he's doing it all, up and down, on an STP dirt jump bike, that's just awesome.

In other news: CRC's custom wheel service is back up. Instead of paying $390 to re-build a wheelset around my Hopes I thought I'd spend $370 on a new all mountain wheelset from CRC instead. Will post pics when they get here!

ilostmypassword

Likes Dirt
Another hard day in the office (lol).

My mate Charlie and I snuck out of work again today and we hit up Lucas Heights/Menai this time as Charlie's not done anything other than Manly Dam. I'm really not sure I like Menai. It definitely doesn't flow. There's a LOT of walking to do and overall it just gets repetitive. There are some really nice tech rock bits though that you can hang out at, and that we did.

This rock structure has been on my mind ever since I first saw it. We (the boys) had never attempted it the first two times we've been to Menai but today I was determined to at least give it a go.

I think I can.

I think I can.

I think I can.

Going back up SATISFIED!

Charlie the man, he did it too and took a way cleaner line than I did. He's awesome at picking lines and to think he's doing it all, up and down, on an STP dirt jump bike, that's just awesome.

In other news: CRC's custom wheel service is back up. Instead of paying $390 to re-build a wheelset around my Hopes I thought I'd spend $370 on a new all mountain wheelset from CRC instead. Will post pics when they get here!
N I C E :D

>> $370 for a AM set? Which ones mate? I'm after a set my self.

btw. your mate has matching SHOES??? hahah!

Last edited:

Justin Fox

Likes Bikes and Dirt
OK once again the CRC order came in lightning fast:

I ended up getting a set of Mavic 819's which are UST ready with double butted DT spokes and Hopes. They weigh in at a hefty 1944g a set. No more weight weenie for me!!! I'll be running them non UST as I like my current Stick-E and DTC rear set-up and the UST Nevegals have had some bad reviews.

Some pics:

Lovely. A lot chunkier than the 717's.

Also treated myself to a massive fuck off pump. It's awesome!

And I got me one of these jackets (been meaning to get one for ages).

Bike's carrying a lot of dirt, but this is the final weigh in and I'm happy to call it "done" now (except for trying out a tubeless set-up later).

On another note I've joined Jing in the "Poseur Hall of Fame" (TM).

Here is the shot that started it all:

Jing posing with his helmet in the bathroom web cam girl style.

Just when I thought Jing couldn't out-do the image above he posted this shot of him getting his stance right in his bedroom (note the slippers!).

Then there's my mate Garth who sent me this submission to join the "Poseur Hall of Fame" (TM). . LOL.

And now here's my contribution. I'm officially in!!!

Anyone else want to join the "Poseur Hall of Fame" (TM). ? I'm thinking of starting a Flickr group bahahahahaa.

Justin Fox

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The drops aren't that big, looks worse than it is. Not big enough to smack your bb on.

Here's a video of me rolling down it. I'd love to throw caution at the wind and huck down it, but maybe not yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cY6GVUQoTs

Before anyone chimes in - yes I realise I am too far back on the bike. I didn't want to do my usual fly over the bars party trick though lol.

Justin Fox

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Farkin sweet tat's dude! What's the one on your arm (with the colour?)
Haha cheers. I love my tough stickers. It's actually a tatt of Itchy and Scratchy (from the Simpsons) fighting in a dust cloud with weapons everywhere lol. When I got it done (I was 18) I thought it was a cooler way to paint a yin yang symbol on myself. Maybe one day when I suffer from alzheimers I'll think it's Tom and Jerry?

Welshy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The Joe Blow models suck for the hose routing.

Watch out, see how the hose is clipped in going over the handle?

It will split all along the top, guaranteed. It will take a few months of it sitting there, but it will split, i have been reduced to duck taping mine :eek:

wa_shova

Likes Bikes
had 1 for over 2 years with zero dramas

used it on tubes/tubeless/clincher/tubular/presta/schraeder without an issue

love ya work Justin!

clockworked

Like an orange
had 1 for over 2 years with zero dramas

used it on tubes/tubeless/clincher/tubular/presta/schraeder without an issue

love ya work Justin!
i had mine for three years, and it worked well the whole time, but hi speed pumping did it in

the hose on mine stayed sweet the whole time though - i didn't have any splitting problems

'Ross

Eats Squid
I got a pump like that, but its an imitation one and it cost like $20 off ebay. Its been great, easy to use, can do presta and schrader, and the psi guage is great.