2008 NSW Mountain Bike Masters

jda

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wow there wasn't much between 1,2,3 in Masters 1, some very close racing!

Thanks to the organisers, had a great day until smashing my toe on the 2nd race run, got plenty of runs in even without the bus.

My GF got plenty of photos too so I'll load them up in the race photo section when I get a chance.

Last edited:

WOFTT

Likes Bikes
Pushing the limits....

Thanks to the organisers and shuttle drivers - my first event and I had a good time despite getting a flat. On that front, things could have been better, but hey, there's always next time.
You probably got a flat because you were pushin the limits. :D See you at Oxxy. Hoops

Kingy

Likes Bikes
Ourimbah Masters DH Race

Big shout to Adam from Cove Bikes for hooking me up with a very sweet 550 lb Titanium spring, reckon it gave me the edge on the day.

Nice track Ourimbah, many thanks to Steve from Western Sydney and Greg Westman from Winning Edge Cycles at Bathurst who volounteered his van to transport all the crusty downhillers up the hill, top event can't wait for the next one.

BTW heard from Skinny that the Central Tablelands Mountain Bike Club are holding their club championships on the rifle range track, if you have never ridden this track than you have to get up to this event this track is the first place I ever seen a young pinner by the name of Mick Hannah tearing up terra firma, be there or be square :)

just had a bit of a race report
sounds like a good day

fookin great to see Kingy back where he belongs

Kingy

Likes Bikes
Awsome racing at Ourimbah Masters

Hey Kegs,
Mate great to be rippin trail with you again, man you are still as quick as!

Thanks for the extra shuttles up the hill and pointing out the good lines.

Not working this saturday up for some rapid descent if you are keen..?

Cheers to Fran for driving us up

Do the winners get a case of beer and an oxygen bottle....

SLEDGER

Likes Dirt
I think a big thanks needs to go out to CCOMTB for their contribution to the event & especially to Joe Grundy of which whom drove most of the shuttles.

The track revealed some fast times & of which stands up in the times of our elite level riders so on that well done to all riders please come along to our club races next year you are all welcome.

Cheers Wayne

dsignr

Likes Dirt
I would like to thank the organisers, competetors & Shuttle drivers, great day, awesome track, everyone was very friendly & helpful, this was my first event & its was awesome, i cant wait for the next event!!!!
Anyone thinking of racing i would strongly recommend it, great place to better your riding & meet and ride with likeminded people, Thanks everyone:)

jumpers

Likes Dirt
Top day of racing - much more fun us old crustys than with young testosterone riders.
Thanks to Wayne (sledger) for track bunting and doing shuttles early sunday - hope you are not divorced because of it:D
Thanks to Jo for shuttling and Kim for the runs.
Fast times - that will show up the young guys - i say all up faster than normal club days.

Mat Willets - first time racing dh -3 45 then 2nd run does 3 59 with no chain, no pedalling.
Should be yearly event.
Thanx to Steve for organising - next time let us know and we will help you.

Adam

ja_har

Likes Dirt
Awesome Day

Was an awesome day, Cant say I've had a more chilled race day, considering the bus never turned up. Thanks to everyone who chipped in an made it all happen and a great day.

I have to think the small changes to the track over the last 12 months have speed it up considerably and made it flow more, I was shoked I took 25secs off my old PB of 4.07 and I'm only getting older...and I thought slower.:eek:

Kingy

Likes Bikes
Ta! Mate

God I missed racing what was I thinking trying to retire,
can't wait to get to another event keep me posted

:) Kingy
congratulations to the real King (Paul)

the self proclaimed "king" didn't even show

PLUCAS

Likes Dirt
no worries Paul

hopefully we will see you at the nationals in Canberra,

Australia day long weekend.

jda

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Photos

Here are the pics that my GF took on the day.

Photos here

Let me know if the link doesn't work or anything, this is my first bulk photo sharing experience.

This is only half, I will try upload the others tonight.