2009 junior team

syko

Likes Dirt
Fairbanks should be in there, tis a shame though. Im not betting anyone because i don't know how fast the OS junior's are yet.

stevenw

Pro Rider
Three of those guys will podium. Who wants to bet against me?;)
Yep i agree... Rhys is having a great season OS so far. Rhys is also leading the world rankings in the juniors. Shaun isn't doing so well but you never know with him, he might be saving it for the worlds. Tam isn't going so well at the moment but we all know what he can do. With the Aussie crowd cheering them on, it wouldn't surprise me to see them all podium.

Last edited:

ferg

Likes Dirt
haha. just you guys wait. wouldnt be surprised if willsy wins and posts a respectable elite time. he's on a totally different level compared to nationals

Rider15

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Fairbanks should be in there, tis a shame though. Im not betting anyone because i don't know how fast the OS junior's are yet.
Dare say he might still make it

The elite and U23 riders for all disciplines along with the remaining U19 riders to qualify will be announced in August as per the selection policy.- Cycling Australia

stevenw

Pro Rider
No offense guys but Fairbanks hasn't met the selection criteria. He finished 9th in the national Champs and 30th in the Australian Champs. Somehow I think Antony Moore, Laurie Dinham and Hans Hadley would be selected before Fairbanks.

syko

Likes Dirt
No offense guys but Fairbanks hasn't met the selection criteria. He finished 9th in the national Champs and 30th in the Australian Champs. Somehow I think Antony Moore, Laurie Dinham and Hans Hadley would be selected before Fairbanks.
Yeah i suppose so, would be nice to see him there. Maybe next year hey.

paf

Squid
2009 Junior Worlds Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenw
Unfortunately a frustrating season ! He finished 7th at Oceanas with 6:56 then 2 weeks later at NSW State round on same track posted 6:33 to win Mens B. At national champs crashed in race run but seeded 8th in 3:08 with no pedalling as chain was riding off sprocket between sprocket and chain guide. But you have to have the runs on the board.

CoUtTa

Likes Dirt
You cant judge marcus and his ability on a single race run where he came
30th he had an ordinary season and was still up there with bad crashes