2009 Peugeot Partner 1.6 Diesel Van

moorey

call me Mia
not sure what my job and breeding preferences has to do with it either...?
Time on your hands to tinker with middle class folly.
Your biggest struggles seems to be having to fly economy for work junkets, and having to sit on the runway.
Touché. And I ride the Toyota Camry of the bike world...

Truce?
Until you spout off something else that I choose to tee off on.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Time on your hands to tinker with middle class folly.
Your biggest struggles seems to be having to fly economy for work junkets, and having to sit on the runway.

Until you spout off something else that I choose to tee off on.
The struggle is real man...

Likewise ;)

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
For fuck's sake this thread was supposed to be all about me and my selfish needs!!

Flow-Rider

Burner
Nah, I’m not buying that a flywheel is riveted to a crankshaft... In all your automotive experience can you even imagine a thing? I’d love to see something to prove me wrong there but I couldn’t find anything. Do you know what model it was?

Edit - found a reference to what you must mean on a VW forum. Was curious... DMFs have their assembly halves riveted together and apparently sometimes when they fail they do so in a position where you can’t access the bolts holding the whole assembly to the crankshaft. Hence you need to grind off off the rivets to separate the outer part of the DMF assembly first. Not a drama as the whole thing is going in the bin anyway if it’s that munted already. Single mass flywheel conversions are pretty popular....

Ha, yes the Japanese stuff is good for eleventy three different variations on stuff in one model! Not sure if you’re defending euro stuff you need to order parts for though...?

I used the inter webs for jap stuff too if I have the time, got all the bits for a Mazda 3 fix up job from the states for super cheap...

Most of my experience is in euro stuff, but have worked on lots of other stuff too. Not out side of the family’s cars though for many years, would rather spend time not under a car if I can help it...
There's thousands on things like that on cars that you need to grind the rivets off to repair the item. Ball joints, tappet cover breathers filters when you need to service them, auto clutch drums assemblies, heat shields that you need to un-rivet to change the tailshaft uni's, by the time the cars reach a home handy man they've been done half a dozen times already.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Yeah, been there a few times... Ball joints on early 80s Renos were my first encounter, new parts came with a bolt kit to fit them.

Latest one is in interior fittings, speakers on doors and door handle assemblies - bloody annoying ones were there is a good risk of breaking the part while you’re drilling out the rivets... I replace with nutserts and a screw where I can.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
There's thousands on things like that on cars that you need to grind the rivets off to repair the item. Ball joints, tappet cover breathers filters when you need to service them, auto clutch drums assemblies, heat shields that you need to un-rivet to change the tailshaft uni's, by the time the cars reach a home handy man they've been done half a dozen times already.

View attachment 355707View attachment 355708 View attachment 355709View attachment 355710View attachment 355711View attachment 355712
Yeah, been there a few times... Ball joints on early 80s Renos were my first encounter, new parts came with a bolt kit to fit them.

Latest one is in interior fittings, speakers on doors and door handle assemblies - bloody annoying ones were there is a good risk of breaking the part while you’re drilling out the rivets... I replace with nutserts and a screw where I can.
I will make sure it doesn't have any rivets then. Simple! :eek: