2010 commencal supreme DH (problems ??)

duggymag

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hello everyone
like to know from any owner of a 2010 Commencal supreme DH if you have found any problems with them.
Example: cracking, loose components... ect .. ???

thanks guys :)

RMS116

Likes Dirt
I've got a 2009 commencal supreme DH. Same frame just different componants. I haven't had ANY problems with mine whatsoever and I know a few people that have the 2010 one and haven't heard of any problems from them either.
Awesome bike, highly recommended

duggymag

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've got a 2009 commencal supreme DH. Same frame just different componants. I haven't had ANY problems with mine whatsoever and I know a few people that have the 2010 one and haven't heard of any problems from them either.
Awesome bike, highly recommended
yeah, a mate of mine has got cracks in five spots and has a new frame on the way, and his is the 2009 green frame with some white at the head tube (not sure if its the "supreme" or "supreme DH") and as i dont know many people with the 2010 supreme's i thought id ask the "broader" comunity for some help on them.
but i rode that very bike and was amazing, not the right setup for me though, was way to soft, but other then that it felt very very plush :D

Grundos

Likes Dirt
yeah, a mate of mine has got cracks in five spots and has a new frame on the way, and his is the 2009 green frame with some white at the head tube (not sure if its the "supreme" or "supreme DH") and as i dont know many people with the 2010 supreme's i thought id ask the "broader" comunity for some help on them.
but i rode that very bike and was amazing, not the right setup for me though, was way to soft, but other then that it felt very very plush :D
Apparently they changed factories between 2009 and 2010; so far I haven't heard of any cracked 2010 Supremes.
About the only problem I've encountered is they tend to catch a lot of mud under the shock, but this can be reduced with a tyre tube and some zip ties.

duggymag

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Apparently they changed factories between 2009 and 2010; so far I haven't heard of any cracked 2010 Supremes.
About the only problem I've encountered is they tend to catch a lot of mud under the shock, but this can be reduced with a tyre tube and some zip ties.
oh yeah fair enough.
achually the one thing i was told a while ago was one of the linkage bolts comes loose ?
but i haven't herd of any been cracked ether, or any problems with them, because like a said i haven't got many people to talk too about them (i dont know many people that own the 2010 supremes.)

Last edited:

RMS116

Likes Dirt
Mines the black and white one but with a few different parts on it that I upgraded to.
Thats interesting. I haven't heard of a cracked commencal until now. Where did he crack it, were they like big cracks aswell or??? (just curious)

duggymag

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thats interesting. I haven't heard of a cracked commencal until now. Where did he crack it, were they like big cracks aswell or??? (just curious)[/QUOTE]

yeah mate im not sure where he did it, id say just from general use, and he has some how f@#ked it. um i think he said under the head tube was one, somewhere around the seat clamp and a cuple others aswell.....

Last edited:

RMS116

Likes Dirt
Thats a solid effort. I've had mine for a few months now and have done heaps of northshore drops and plenty of use on DH tracks and i haven't noticed anything on mine so far. But you get a 2 year warranty on the frame and by 2012 I'll probably have the latest one so its not too much of a concern.

Likes Bikes
I've got the 09 model and all is going great, no problems at all, would recommend it to anybody/everybody

duggymag

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've got the 09 model and all is going great, no problems at all, would recommend it to anybody/everybody
yeah :) they ride great no doubt about that.
thinking of heading down that path :D of a 2010 supreme DH :)

adman

Likes Dirt
Maybe they were two freak frames - but my friend had the red one (must have been 09 I think) and he cracked it in four places. He wanted to race Adelaide and Shepparton, so he borrowed Simon Frenches bright green one, which was only cracked in TWO places...

However, both got warranty and now have 2010 ones with no issues at all.

Just a though...

duggymag

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Maybe they were two freak frames - but my friend had the red one (must have been 09 I think) and he cracked it in four places. He wanted to race Adelaide and Shepparton, so he borrowed Simon Frenches bright green one, which was only cracked in TWO places...

However, both got warranty and now have 2010 ones with no issues at all.

Just a though...
yeah it deffently seems to be that the 09s have had a few problems.

crips

Cannon Fodder
None at all, been great so far, hit thredbo a fair bit

hello everyone
like to know from any owner of a 2010 Commencal supreme DH if you have found any problems with them.
Example: cracking, loose components... ect .. ???

thanks guys :)

Psyloman

Likes Dirt
mines been great, i have the 2010 and i just got back from spending 5 weeks at bike parks in canada and apart from a good service and maybe the odd bearing replacement it was flawless. Very highly recommended.

D.Norton

Likes Dirt
Hey every supreme dh and mini I've seen here in canada has cracked, 09, 10, and the new 2011 Atherton model has cracked in 2 months or riding... unless you enjoy warranty jobs go for it.

its just not the supreme's its the meta 6's, 5's, absolute 4x's etc...the whole range has faults...

crooker

Likes Dirt
I had a green 2009 supreme and that cracked and my swing arm bolts came loose, bent, and lost bolts. Also, i have abit of info on the Commencal stuff as of being over in europe last year and was extremly lucky to spend a week partying with the man himself CG. I have never heard somebody say the most awfull things about the company, he personally wont recommend them LOL.... Basicly there built in taiwan, with the rest, they use the cheapest aluminium that u can find... STRESS TEST frames would be assembled and SOLD to the public!!! There not heat treated prior to welding they are slapped together and max commencal sits in his chair counting his sales cash. If anything, from 2010 upwards the company took this onboard and have progressed abit with redesigning were the bottom and top tube meet, used different materials etc.

Last edited:

driftking

Wheel size expert
I heard a rumor about cracking but have not accually heard any personal stories on it happening.
The most common place I heard them to crack is in the down tube, the way there shock is mounted places alot of excess force on it. It has been beefed up to withstand the increased pressure but would probably be the main location of issues.
The new frame has changed this design for 2012 ( be release late 2011) if you can wait out that long.By doing this the bike still uses the same leverage ratio which is good however the bikes traction and acceleration has improved, I think stiffness is also improved. The change in shock position also took away the need for a overly built Downtube which has made the frame lighter as well.
"Going on testing from the Atherton team the new frame is 2 seconds faster down there home track, so they say I dont think there is any timed evidence of this"

Last edited:

NortonCommander

Cannon Fodder
Commençal information

Hello everyone
I would like to know

model ------------------ year--------------------bb shell tube thickness------------------ aluminium alloy ---- heat treatment

Supreme DH --------- 2010 ------------------ ?? (I supposed at least 4 mm)------ 6061or7005? ------- T? (I supposed T6)
I suppose 6061
Supreme Racing-----2010------------------- ??--------------------------------------------- ????---------------------- T?
(Mini DH)

Furious ------------------2010 ----------------- ?? --------------------------------------------- ???? --------------------- T?

The bb shell tube thickness I would like to know is :

Best Regards

WynterPlace

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I had a green 2009 Supreme DH CG replica, it had cracks in the headtube gusset and the upper shock mount. I had it replaced under warranty and got a new satin red 2011 one, no problems since then.

driftking

Wheel size expert
I had a green 2009 Supreme DH CG replica, it had cracks in the headtube gusset and the upper shock mount. I had it replaced under warranty and got a new satin red 2011 one, no problems since then.
quite a old thread, cannot help with the BB post earlier but in regards to this.
Yes they changed and picked up their game after 2009, 2009 had a very bad wrap for crack, the 2010 and 2011 models were improved. I also have a 2011 commencal brilliant bike, I did my looking around at frame crack worries and from my research no one is having issue with the 2011 frame. They definitely fixed their issues.