2010 Upcoming Races Thread

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Time to start a new thread for this year.
So yay or nay?
Will anyone actually turn up after last years series?
Information, speculation and rumors welcome ;)

Last edited:

dain2772

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Time to start a new thread for this year.
So yay or nay?
Will anyone actually turn up after last years series?
Information, speculation and rumors welcome ;)
I was hoping to do an event or 2 this year after having missed this years events due to travel (6 months) :D

why do you ask if people will turn up?

bear the bear

Is a real bear
why do you ask if people will turn up?
-No communication from the promoters (see last years thread)
-Last minute scheduling of the races
-Lack of results

This is not to says I won't ride....but things have gone down hill over the last couple of years

Dreggsy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wws

the working week series was/ is 5 x 8hr races over 6 months,

Run by bright orange events via Stu Plant,
http://www.enduromtb.com/

At one stage he had the whole of NSW mtb "frothing " to enter his events, but last year things really dropped.
you wouldnt know about the event actually happening until a week before it was to happen.

it is a great series and everyone really looked forward to doing these races.

they are supposed to happen this year but only time will tell,

Last edited:

DaGonz

Eats Squid
...enter the market

no idea about WWS, but I know of at least two promotors and a bunch of clubs looking to put on a couple of Enduro series for races from 4hrs through 10+. There's also swathe of stand alone races, new marathons coming so any hole that may be left is going to vanish pretty quick.

Keep your eyes on the forums, mailing lists and websites!! :)

Cheers
Spoonie

dain2772

Likes Bikes and Dirt
no idea about WWS, but I know of at least two promotors and a bunch of clubs looking to put on a couple of Enduro series for races from 4hrs through 10+. There's also swathe of stand alone races, new marathons coming so any hole that may be left is going to vanish pretty quick.

Cheers
Spoonie
wooHOO!!!!

gixer7

Likes Dirt
I was just thinking to myself last week I wonder if a WWS thread will pop up anytime soon.

After last years poor effort I won't be riding in any WWS races this year. Shame as it was a great series a few years ago. Nowadays there are so many quality options available to race it's really a case of which races I can't do let alone keeping weekends aside for races that might eventuate.

Nice teaser Spoonie. Way to get the peeps excited!

strawb

Squid
Keep an eye on the local clubs i.e wsmtb and a couple of others theres good talk of some interclub 6hrs series being put forward..;)

gixer7

Likes Dirt
Keep an eye on the local clubs i.e wsmtb and a couple of others theres good talk of some interclub 6hrs series being put forward..;)
About fricken time too. I put that idea forward to all the clubs January last year but they did not seem too keen at the time - for reasons I understood but did not necessarily agree with.

Anyway be glad to see if it got some momentum this year.

sammydog

NSWMTB, Hunter MTB Association
Book in sat 5th June for a 10 hour at awaba. There is a second 10 hour also at awaba on sat 21st august. Full entry details will be available shortly for both events.

Keep those dates free though.

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
Maybe even with a state title up for grabs in the elite...

We're generally the first round of the wws. Haven't heard anything at all this year.

trailburner

Rocky Trail Entertainment

Cheers
Spoonie
We are tweaking the format of the Rocky Trail MTB GP series and it will most likely be the 4 hour with and additional longer race at the same time. The qualifying will be greatly simplified. This doesn't apply to the one in Wiseman's Ferry in February - if you want to race longer there do the 24hour :cool:

Dates and venues for all our 2010 events:
http://www.rockytrailentertainment.com/pdf/RTE race calendar 2010.jpg

sammydog

NSWMTB, Hunter MTB Association
Just looking quickly, the enduro calander is looking good and this doesn't even scratch the surface.

- feb 6/7, Sydney 24
- feb 14 husky 100
- march 6, Realbike MTB Cruise, Stromlo
- early April Mont24
- may 2, Dirtworks
- June 5, VVC 10hr Awaba
- July 3, rocky trail gp Awaba
- august 7, WSMTB 12 hour
- August 8, rocky trail gp yellowmundie
- August 21, VVC 10hr Awaba
- sept (early) Angry Doctor
- Sept 18, rocky trail gp Wisemans Ferry
- Sept (late) mystery marathon
- Nov Highland fling.
- Nov 20, rocky trail gp stromlo

anyone got other dates (I know there is a lot more).

Last edited:

DaGonz

Eats Squid
anyone got other dates (I know there is a lot more).
That I know that have definite dates being proposed, There are 6 6hr races in and around sydney before July, dates to be announced shortly.

There's also the DT swisss MTB in early march (feb 28 for a week)
Husky 100 on feb 14
2nd weekend Nov is the Highland Fling
first weekend of sept I Think is the Angry Doctor
keep the last weekend of Sept open for another possible marathon in the works that I know of...

...and there's more that are either still really vapour ware or a little under wraps still!

Cheers
Spoon

Jackstack

Likes Dirt
The Mont is actually on 27/28th March ;)

What a list - Enduropulse will have their work cut out keeping up!
He's keeping up pretty well so far, I've managed to fill in my calender just by referring to the Enduropulse calender. And that's with the shortest race a 50 k'er.
There's definitely plenty out there already if you want to lock dates in for sure.

Pizzaz

Likes Dirt
Don't forget the Terra Australis (Late March), Capital Punishment (May?), Coffs Harbour, there was that race around Wollumbi (sept / oct?) Solo champs over easter, national 6hr series, and we haven't gotten into the stuff further afield like Mawson Marathon (anyone keen to pair up for 350km non-stop? Having trouble finding similarly insane partner...), Anaconda, Noosa Endura, Flight Centre Epic, Merida 24hr....

Oh and does the 3ring circus count as Enduro (50km seems more like traditional XC to me...)

If anyone is interested I think some promoters need some help in finding the ball that got dropped...

More than enough enduro stuff to keep the wallet empty and significant others miserable...

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
Keep the 13th and 14th of march open for Central tablelands stuff.....

Wooot!:cool: