2010 World Solo 24 Hour Championships

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
Any word on costs? Is it gong to be as prohibitive has past 24hr Adrenaline events?
Should be way less prohibitive for you. For a start, there won't be $5000 of airfares for you and your supporter to get there :)

$500AUD is a bit steep. If so, it will be out of my reach.
You can expect entry prices to be promulgated by end of October. But, here are a few points:

Yes, it will cost more than the current Scott Solo entry (there are more things to pay for, bigger prizes, extra infrastructure, more race goodies etc).

It will also be less than $500.

There will be options to have fitted-out solo pit row areas, as we need to conform to the 24 hours of Adrenalin standards and rules for the solo pit area. This means you will be able to either come with your own tent to fit it in a standard 3m x 3m solo pit row area, or pay extra and turn up to a Hoecker marquee with tables, chairs, lights, power etc all ready to go for you. Sort of a smaller version of the corporate package that CORC have been offering at the Scott for some years now.

Here is what the standard pit area that a solo gets looks like, with the tent options they provided this year in Canmore:
. Brendan Den
. Jess Douglas
. The Kiwis (Megan and Tony) combined their two areas for a 6x3
. The AYUP riders (Andy and Sean) also combined - one with a tent and one without.
. Rachel and Karen
. Damian in front of the row of Solo Pits.

Last edited:

Pizzaz

Likes Dirt
Should be way less prohibitive for you. For a start, there won't be $5000 of airfares for you and your supporter to get there :)

You can expect entry prices to be up by end of October. But, here are a few points:

<snip>
What he said :)

This media release from twenty4sports this morning our time.

You can expect further releases in coming weeks about qualifying events, but the aim is to be all-inclusive, given the capacity of Stromlo to take large rider numbers. I would expect previous World's riders and qualifiers to be grandfathered, plus qualifiers for 2010 to come from the major Australian 24Hr races.

There is normally a cutoff date by which grandfathered entries have to be submitted, so get your thinking caps on if you want to enter and you think you qualified from the 2004/2005 Mont, the 2006+ Scott or the 2007+ Australian Solo 24Hr Champs.

Of course, we want to target the Kiwis and the South African Riders to come and join the fun - especially after Tony Hogg's ride at Canmore this year. Its a big chance for the southern hemisphere riders to have a crack at a world title, if airfares etc have put them off in the past.

The media release states that entries will open on 1 Nov 2009, and, historically, these events fill up quickly. For example., the 2010 Canmore 24Hr filled up within 36 hours of the 2009 winner crossing the line !
So does this mean if you qualified in the 2008 Australian Solo 24 Hr Champs that you are automatically eligible? I was aware there was an exemption period but thought it was only 2 years. I'll be stoked if i don't have to qualify again (especially if the Easter race is under threat of not being a qualifier).

Win

Likes Dirt
I find it odd that there are team catagories at the SOLO Worlds'. There the posibility of the result being screwed by some weekend warrior causing a crash.
Idea; why not run the Solos on Fri/Sat and the teams on Sat /Sun?

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
So does this mean if you qualified in the 2008 Australian Solo 24 Hr Champs that you are automatically eligible?
The plan is to grandfather previous qualifiers and also previous world solo 24Hr Champs competitors, but there would be a cutoff date by which you would need to enter to claim this.

You can expect full details to be available in 2 weeks time.

crummy?

Likes Dirt
worlds

The plan is to grandfather previous qualifiers and also previous world solo 24Hr Champs competitors, but there would be a cutoff date by which you would need to enter to claim this.

You can expect full details to be available in 2 weeks time.
Scratching the itch till then........

gixer7

Likes Dirt
Run them on the World Champs track.
Me and a few mates went and (tried to anyway) rode this a few weeks ago. My mate fell off quite badly and he was only walking the bike at the time!!

I have never ridden anything so hard in my life and then we got to Hammerhead. Sweet jeebus but that thing is nasty.

goryden

Likes Bikes
CORC wins right to host World 24 Solo

Hi guys
Was just looking at the CORC web site and found this announcement
Also check out the 24 hours of Adrenalin site, they have even quoted a date for it 9th October 2010. Registration opens 1/11/09
Does this mean the Scott will take a back seat in 2010 to make room for the worlds?
Hopefully we will start to see some dates and details published online for qualifying races. This is going to be huge!
Not having done a 24 hour solo would love to hear from those who have, particularly regarding your training strategies and nutrition during the race?
Cheers
Mike