2010 World Solo 24 Hour Championships

Fruitbat

Likes Dirt
Previous qualifiers

Does anyone have a list of people who qualified and would be eligible for grandfathered entries?
I raced the 2007 solos only 24 and at the time it wasn't a priority to check if I qualified for worlds...but now it is on home turf, just down the road, and I'm not working 70 hour weeks anymore.....well, lets just say I could be convinced to have a crack....

Knopey

Likes Dirt
Just curious about the solo category in the Scott - currently any joe blow can sign up for Solo and plod around now and then and just do 2, 3, 6 or whatever laps and be happy with that for a personal goal.

It sounds like the incorporation of the WSC into the Solo category means this approach won't be possible in 2010, is that right? So the "Scott No Mates" category will become the "Scott to ride heaps and heaps and be really good to be able to Qualify to race in this thing with no mates" category?

Regardless, it will be awesome to see the world's best in our own back yard - again! :)

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
Does anyone have a list of people who qualified and would be eligible for grandfathered entries?
I raced the 2007 solos only 24 and at the time it wasn't a priority to check if I qualified for worlds...but now it is on home turf, just down the road, and I'm not working 70 hour weeks anymore.....well, lets just say I could be convinced to have a crack....
I'm working on getting that together now, as a consolidated list, but here are a few separate ones for the 2007, 2008 and 2009 World Solo 24Hr Champs.

For the 2005 and 2006 World Champs, the top 10 men and top 3 women qualified, plus the highest placed M/F rider in 5 year age groups and single speed - so that is going to take a bit more digging.

These lists are only for riders who qualified form the races run by CORC. If you qualified from other events, or by virtue of a previous World Solo performance, then you will not show on these lists.

Attachments

Last edited:

Le Matelot

Just curious about the solo category in the Scott - currently any joe blow can sign up for Solo and plod around now and then and just do 2, 3, 6 or whatever laps and be happy with that for a personal goal.

It sounds like the incorporation of the WSC into the Solo category means this approach won't be possible in 2010, is that right? So the "Scott No Mates" category will become the "Scott to ride heaps and heaps and be really good to be able to Qualify to race in this thing with no mates" category?

Regardless, it will be awesome to see the world's best in our own back yard - again! :)
Looks like the award for the longest category name goes to ... :)

In previous WSC events, there have been two "races" within the event:
. The 24 Hours of Adrenalin World Solo 24Hr Championships, and
. a 24 Hrs of Adrenalin race (teams)

At Canmore in 2009, they had a separate category in the 24 Hrs of Adrenalin race which was for non-world solo riders (called Regional Solos). But, only one rider rode in it - so I'm not too sure about its future. Anyhow, we have heaps of space at Stromlo for lotza solo riders.

McDiesel

Likes Bikes
So if I qualified for the 2009 Worlds I would be reasonably safe to assume I will be grandfathered into the 2010 event? TIA

jean5614

Likes Dirt
So Russ as I qualified in 2007, when I was still a young man, I would get in too, and of course Dave McGregor, both of whom will then be exceedingly old.:cool:

Jackstack

Likes Dirt
Probably a question for Le Matelot, is 14 laps from the weekend sufficient to qualify for an age category ( 40 - 45 ) in the WSC? the reason i ask is there is an error in my laps from the weekend but if 14 laps is enough I wont bother trying to get it fixed.(BTW I did 15 so if that wasn't enough it doesn't matter anyway.)

Le Matelot

Probably a question for Le Matelot, is 14 laps from the weekend sufficient to qualify for an age category ( 40 - 45 ) in the WSC? the reason i ask is there is an error in my laps from the weekend but if 14 laps is enough I wont bother trying to get it fixed.(BTW I did 15 so if that wasn't enough it doesn't matter anyway.)
Yes

At the weekend, Jason did 23 Laps and Jess did 19. The rules are based on 50% and 75% of the winners number of laps. Next time you see those two, maybe remind them how much easier it would have made the maths if they'd done one more lap each :rolleyes:

So, from this year's Scott 24Hr...
Men need 12 Laps to qualify for Age Group and 18 Laps to qualify for Elite
Women need 10 Laps to qualify for Age Group and 15 Laps to qualify for Elite

... the reason i ask is there is an error in my laps from the weekend but if 14 laps is enough I wont bother trying to get it fixed. (BTW I did 15 ...)
Get it fixed. Think about the bragging rights.

jean5614

Likes Dirt
Nice Russ, then Easter is looking rosy for two old farts to do some laps then, hopefully it will still be on again. cheers Jack:cool:

Jackstack

Likes Dirt
So, from this year's Scott 24Hr...
Men need 12 Laps to qualify for Age Group and 18 Laps to qualify for Elite

Get it fixed. Think about the bragging rights.
Cool.
I have been thinking about the bragging rights especially the extra place I would of picked up. 10th to 9th, inside the top 10 does have more bragging power. Message sent to Castech will see what happens.
Thanks for the help Russ.

Cannon Fodder
2010 world solo

Russ,
Back in 2005 Craig Gordon won the Mont with 20 laps. I did 10 laps. Does this qualify me under the 50% rule for the age groups, in the 2010 worlds ?

Le Matelot

Russ,
Back in 2005 Craig Gordon won the Mont with 20 laps. I did 10 laps. Does this qualify me under the 50% rule for the age groups, in the 2010 worlds ?
Yes (assuming your figures are correct) - don't have all the old results with me right now.