2010 World Solo 24 Hour Championships

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
Is space going to be assigned within the camping area similarly to within the pit area?
Only for large groups of riders. Email me if you think you qualify.

Will there be a separate area for campervans/caravans? Will there be 240v power for caravans(I expect not but its worth asking)?
Yes. No.

Will we be able to combine with other support crews and have sufficient space for 6m x 3m marquees etc?
Inside the Dyna-Sys World Solo Pit Row - only by request from the riders - again, Email me if you haven't already done so - but you've only got 1 day left to do so.

In the camping area, Yes.

anyfin

Likes Bikes
Hi,
is it compulsory for solo riders to go through the solo pits each lap or can they follow the teams route?

thanks

anyfin

Le Matelot

is it compulsory for solo riders to go through the solo pits each lap
Yes

or can they follow the teams route?
That would mean leaving the Solo's course = DQ.

and, to pre-empt the next question ... Yes, there is a timing/counting point inside the entrance to the Dyna-Sys World Solo Pit Row to make sure all Solos come through.

Last edited:

normdouglas

Likes Dirt
Yes

That would mean leaving the Solo's course = DQ.

and, to pre-empt the next question ... Yes, there is a timing/counting point inside the entrance to the Dyna-Sys World Solo Pit Row to make sure all Solos come through.
And to pre-empt the next question... most of these questions will probably be covered in the Rider/Support person briefing Friday I would imagine...? Right Russ?

Le Matelot

And to pre-empt the next question... most of these questions will probably be covered in the Rider/Support person briefing Friday I would imagine...? Right Russ?
Yep, although some top level Australian/World riders don't have a great track record of staying awake in these briefs :)

Maybe that's why a support crew has to attend too :rolleyes:

Still, maybe I'm being a bit unfair on RR here, his eyes were closed but a wise man once told me, "you don't listen through your eyelids."

adz

Likes Dirt
...probably.

Unless some knob keeps interupting the briefing with cries of

"ozzie, ozzie, ozzie!"

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
Yep, although some top level Australian/World riders don't have a great track record of staying awake in these briefs :)

Maybe that's why a support crew has to attend too :rolleyes:

Still, maybe I'm being a bit unfair on RR here, his eyes were closed but a wise man once told me, "you don't listen through your eyelids."
Yeah but Mrs Red Racer will probably be having a chat and not paying attention either. :p

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Don't want to bring up an old issue, have just found this http://www.heraldsun.com.au/lifesty...gs-in-12-minutes/story-e6frfhk6-1225914851194

Coud be the bench mark as to the starting order for all riders to lazy to partake in the Le mans run start but happy to sit on their bikes for 24hr and ride conundrum!!

quiggs
Bah Chicken wings are for girls, lets make all competitotrs eat 21 gels and a deep fried turkey before they can start racing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzPq0hDdDhs

spikenet

Likes Dirt
I'm sure that like many other solo guys my Pit Manager/Crew is coming only for the sat/sun of the event. Just wondering how you are policing the attendance of crew?

I'm sharing pits with others and we are helping each other out. Having a shared helper attending, is that going to satisfy the policy for the briefing?

cheers

Jackstack

Likes Dirt
Man I hope it's not windy and or raining for this race or this thread is gonna go off like a bag of prawns in the sun!!:)

tegski

Likes Dirt
Based on the number of times that it has been both lately…and the corresponding lack of training on my part…I would not take bets on a fine race. Dams have filled from 55% to 75% for Canberra's water supply in the last couple of months!
I'm packing the mud tyres!