2010 World Solo 24 Hour Championships

Pizzaz

Likes Dirt
I know alot of people are jumping on the twitter bandwagon - I have just recently had the whole thing explained to me, but am yet to take the plunge of signing up

it seems that if we want to make all our updates accessible to the folks at home we need to agree on a common hash-tag (the little # sign - followed by a bunch of letters and numbers) then all the people at home have to do is go onto twitter.com and type in #whateverthetagis and all the messages from people at the event will pop up

May I suggest that anybody taking this route of keeping folks back home entertained/informed append their messages (dare I say it - 'tweets') with the hash-tag #ws24c

Two of my pit crew members have just kitted themselves out with fancy iPhones and they are going to be firing updates on how I'm doing (and whats happening at the pointy end of the race) to everyone who couldnt make the trip down... I imagine rotorburn and facebook are also going to get a severe work out in all the time while I'm on course and they are kicking back and relaxing

-Andrew
Stuart is a big fan of twitter and I'm sure he's already got it sorted what the gee oh is... look for something in the couple of weeks or so before the race... oh yeah... it's almost that now!

dyon

Likes Bikes
I know alot of people are jumping on the twitter bandwagon

May I suggest that anybody taking this route of keeping folks back home entertained/informed append their messages (dare I say it - 'tweets') with the hash-tag #ws24c

-Andrew
Actually one has been in use for quite some time by Stuart and a number of other competitors. Best to stick with it:

#wsc24

Fruitbat

Likes Dirt
Official Course

Will the course be officially announced on Saturday or Sunday? Thinking of a trip down to Stromlo one day this weekend and hoping to ride the official rather than the speculated course, if you know what I mean!

normdouglas

Likes Dirt
Will the course be officially announced on Saturday or Sunday? Thinking of a trip down to Stromlo one day this weekend and hoping to ride the official rather than the speculated course, if you know what I mean!
What he said! Cmon Stu and Russ... it's almost 2 weeks out... please can we have the course now?

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
its not two weeks out until this Friday/Saturday, perhaps they put off releasing the course until all the serious folk have started their taper so nobody can get an advantage..

p.s. whats all this crazy talk about a 3 week taper... 3 weeks out is when I start training for most races!

quiggs

Likes Dirt
looking to the future, well beyond 2 weeks anyway!!!

Any idea when and where the race will be held in 2011??

Just about finished training for this years race and thought I might get a headstart on training for 2011.

quiggs

tegski

Likes Dirt
107km in 24hrs…bit slow…:)
What sort of track was it? - average speed of 30km/h over the first 50 km (or so one article said) - must not have been too technical.

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
What he said! Cmon Stu and Russ... it's almost 2 weeks out... please can we have the course now?
Yep - its almost 2 weeks out, and we've almost released the course :)

Russ
(Who had nothing to do with this video, but has apparently been conned into providing hats - and maybe a BBQ - for the newsletter editor)

Last edited:

uhuforrest

Likes Dirt
hahaha. Czech hardman Tomas Kozak claimed the title "Europe's World Champion".

www.sogevents.de.

Not marathon. 24hr.
You've got to be kidding - at the Munich Olympic stadium??????

I don't remember seeing any single track last time I was there.

No UCI mentioned either

You certain it was MTB, not a cyclocross event?

Roland

Last edited:

Feitser

Squid
No, not the Munich race. If you don't speak German, google translate the page. Sulzbach-Rosenburg. Bike-on-fire/World 24hr Championships.

No 24hr race in the world is UCI sanctioned. But i have seen photos of rainbow jerseys...

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hahaha. Czech hardman Tomas Kozak claimed the title "Europe's World Champion".

www.sogevents.de.

Not marathon. 24hr.
Thank god I remember some German, winners lap times varied between 16 and 20 minutes for most of the race - he completed 72 laps of a course which was frying pan flat, with no technical features and at one point was indoors (pictures looked like it was routed through an old warehouse)...

*shrug*

p.s. I saw the photo of the guy in the rainbow jersey... he probably earnt it it Cycle-ball or Cycle-dance

Last edited:

nexusfish

El Mariachi
p.s. I saw the photo of the guy in the rainbow jersey... he probably earnt it it Cycle-ball or Cycle-dance
hahaha.

i saw a picture in the slide show os a guy on a 5 inch dually concentrating so hard as he was rolling down a smooth grassy knoll.
The german 'world championship' 24hrs of bordem.....