2010 World Solo 24 Hour Championships

Probably a bit late, but I've been taking it easy. Too easy.

Anyone have a medium WSC24 pit shirt (from the goodie bag) they want to swap for a large (and unworn) WSC24 pit shirt? The sizing came up very big for me. I'll cover your postage to NZ.

Ta. Paul.

Boreit

Likes Dirt
As I feared, the sizing chart was on the small side.

I've got a small jersey and medium knicks (both unused obviously) if somebody has a medium jersey or large knicks and is after a swap - shoot me a PM.

-Andrew
you arent the only one andrew, i sent an email to that stuart fella looking for confirmation on the sizing as it seemed remarkably small, never heard back. doubt anyone has a medium or large knicks they want to swap for xs now? :(

Rambler

Likes Dirt
you arent the only one andrew, i sent an email to that stuart fella looking for confirmation on the sizing as it seemed remarkably small, never heard back. doubt anyone has a medium or large knicks they want to swap for xs now? :(
plus one for the swap as well

Flying haggis

Likes Bikes
Did anyone get any photos of people riding the more technical sections of the course? Didnt manage to get any photos of the course myself and I'd be keen to see a few shots of the riders on the Pork Barrel etc.

Cheers,

FH

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
plus one for the swap as well
I too sent an email to Stuart asking for confirmation on the sizing (I was sus as soon as I sized myself up) but he didnt reply to my query so I just sent in my request based on the sizing sheet.

I sent an email the day after I got the stuff asking if an exchange was possible - he said that because it was a special order this was not possible. He said he'd 'look at the situation' in the new year. I suggest everyone affected sends an email in - he may look at the situation more attentively if he realises its not just one individual affected.

Jackstack

Likes Dirt
Anyone else get their DVD yesterday? Watched it as soon as I got home last night, nice work. Even managed to get a 1 sec spot.

OzDirtCast

Likes Bikes
WORLD SOLO 2010 - Film of the 24Hr World Solo Championships

You bet! I've had ours on a loop!
Hi all, Just wanted to let everyone know that you can still order WORLD SOLO 2010 - The film from the 2010 World Solo Championships in Mt Stromlo, Canberra exclusively from the OzDirtCast website. Copies are now in stock and sent at the end of each week

http://www.ozdirtcast.com/order-world-solo-2010-dvd

The film runs for 76mins plus special features and contains interview and race footage with Jess Douglas, Jason English, Brett Bellchambers, Katrin van der Spiegel, Eszther Horanyi, Cory Wallace, Andy Fellows, Craig Gordon and many more.

Order now to have it ready for a rainy day - and remember that 10% of all profits from the DVD go to IMBA-AU to support their work in developing trail access across Australia.

spikenet

Likes Dirt
Anyone else get their DVD yesterday? Watched it as soon as I got home last night, nice work. Even managed to get a 1 sec spot.
Yes nice surprise yesterday. Sat and watched it with the missus and kids. Overall was good. Would have been nice to have seen more vid of "other" riders then the top 4 from each elite category.

Sadly it didnt capture any of the challenging downhill sections of track or really fast stuff like the top of luge.

Last edited:

RED_RACER

Likes Dirt
Yes nice surprise yesterday. Sat and watched it with the missus and kids. Overall was good. Would have been nice to have seen more vid of "other" riders then the top 4 from each elite category.

Sadly it didnt capture any of the challenging downhill sections of track or really fast stuff like the top of luge.
would have liked to see how different people took pork barrel. Maybe with a cable camera!

Rambler

Likes Dirt

For a small group of people doing a self-published film for the first time ever I would like to congratulate all involved. A great look at the pointy end of the field and showed me what was happening when I was plugging around on course. I especially loved the guy at the end throwing a wheelie and a wave only to go straight on his arse. Like has been said, there were 400 riders out there with only about 10 getting a look in. There were so many fascinating tales out there from all over the world, it was a pity some of these weren't highlighted as a contrast to those in elite contention. In addition, I had seen the footage of the nationals before and thought there was too much emphasis on this race rather than the actual Worlds and the stories it presented. In any case, a great keepsake. Thanks to all who contributed.

Jackstack

Likes Dirt
would have liked to see how different people took pork barrel. Maybe with a cable camera!
Now that would of been good to watch!
And yeh, would of been good to possibly follow a couple in the punter classes, but still enjoyed the show and is another good dvd to watch for a bit of motivation.

Tazdevil

Likes Bikes
Tooooooooooo small

Yup, my order of nicks and jersey, both size M are too small. Anyone want to swap for a large? I knew this would happen.... I must be a fat bastard after all... :(

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yup, my order of nicks and jersey, both size M are too small. Anyone want to swap for a large? I knew this would happen.... I must be a fat bastard after all... :(
Can you squeeze into it? If not (and it thus doesnt make any difference to you), would you swap for small?

Natedog74

Cannon Fodder
Thats me!!

Wildwissa, thanks for posting the photo, it is me so I've nicked it and added to my profile. Where did u come across this photo of me. I can't remember pulling this face but then again, there's alot in that 24hrs I don't recall!!!
Cheers.

Natedog74

Cannon Fodder
A Serious Pucker Factor feature, being expertly negotiated by Nathan Barden ... at the start of the descent to Wedgetail Gap, Mount Stromlo, 2010 WS24 Championship.

The unknown Canakian Uni-cyclist ... also at the start of the descent to Wedgetail Gap.

Warren.
Warren??? Where did u find this photo of me pulling the pucker face?
Cheers.

Warren??? Where did u find this photo of me pulling the pucker face?
Cheers.
The unknown Canakian is me, thanks for the extra pic. I haven't been checking in for a few months now since it is winter and ski season over here. Getting back on the trainer and picking my new bike for this year has given me the mtb bug again. Can't wait for spring.

Missed out on the OZDirtCast video pre-order as well. Going to order one now though.

Solo Steve

Knopey

Likes Dirt
Really enjoyed the DVD - most fun I've had watching an MTB movie in a long time :cool:

(Like others, I would have loved to have seen just a snippet of the "average Jill & Joe" in the race, but it's understandable why you didn't as that would only appeal to people who were actually there I guess.)