2010 World Solo 24 Hour Championships

stevo78

Likes Dirt
elite or age group

i was just curious of the pros and cons of entering the worlds at age group level or elite as i have qualified for both? is it the glory of being an elite or do you get better pit allocation/ treatment? i am not fighting for podiums in either cat just battling myself!

Dreggsy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i was just curious of the pros and cons of entering the worlds at age group level or elite as i have qualified for both? is it the glory of being an elite or do you get better pit allocation/ treatment? i am not fighting for podiums in either cat just battling myself!
OK, Do you stand a chance of giving Jason English a run for his money?
If so then go for elite
If not go for age cat

Its that simple.

Flying haggis

Likes Bikes
Maybe a silly question, but...

When you select your category for the worlds and hit next, under your name it asks for a description.

What should you put in there?

RichJS

Likes Dirt
Scientists working on behalf of Environment Australia say a survey last weekend found endangered glider, owl , crayfish and kangawallafox species in a coupe at Majura Mountain.
This has got to be a joke, right? Everyone knows there's no such thing as Majura Mountain. It's Mount Majura! :D

WSC

Squid
good question

Maybe a silly question, but...

When you select your category for the worlds and hit next, under your name it asks for a description.

What should you put in there?
No need to fill that area in currently. It was created to work with the timing system, however since that time we have gone in another direction.

Cheers,

Stuart

Flying haggis

Likes Bikes
One more question...

How quickly are entries likely to fill up? Have'nt registered and I'm wondering what sort of limit there is on availible spots.

Planning on entering in my relevant age group.

Cheers.

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
How quickly are entries likely to fill up? Have'nt registered and I'm wondering what sort of limit there is on availible spots.

Planning on entering in my relevant age group.
We won't be having the same sort of park-imposed rider limits that some other venues do, so I suspect the entries won't fill up as quickly, because the ceiling will be higher.

Having said that, and here is where forum anonymity is a disadvantage - because there is no F. Haggis in our database :eek: if you are relying on being a grandfathered entry, then those spots will progressively reduce as the event draws closer, and from 31 Jan they also become more expensive to take up because the 5% discount is removed.

If you actually qualified for the 2010 race based on your performance in the 2009 Scott or the 2009 Kona 24Hr races, then your chances of getting an entry are greater because you are a qualified rider, not a grandfathered rider.

PM me if you want to check.

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
We won't be having the same sort of park-imposed rider limits that some other venues do, so I suspect the entries won't fill up as quickly, because the ceiling will be higher.

Having said that, and here is where forum anonymity is a disadvantage - because there is no F. Haggis in our database :eek: if you are relying on being a grandfathered entry, then those spots will progressively reduce as the event draws closer, and from 31 Jan they also become more expensive to take up because the 5% discount is removed.

If you actually qualified for the 2010 race based on your performance in the 2009 Scott or the 2009 Kona 24Hr races, then your chances of getting an entry are greater because you are a qualified rider, not a grandfathered rider.

PM me if you want to check.
Please forgve me for my ignorance, what is a grandfathered rider? Is i somebody who has participated in a past World Champs and therefore automatically qualifies?

ebuk

Likes Dirt
^^^^ someone who qualified in a previous event, not just the world champs. ie I grandfathered by qualifying at the 2008 Australian solo nationals.

Le Matelot

Please forgve me for my ignorance, what is a grandfathered rider? Is i somebody who has participated in a past World Champs and therefore automatically qualifies?
That is the normal definition as applied by twenty4sports for the 24Hrs of Adrenalin World Solo 24Hr Champs, however, for 2010 they have extended this to include Australian and NZ riders who have previously qualified for their World Champs, even though they may not have entered.

This has been done in recognition that the cost of travel may have put off some riders who would otherwise have decided to enter in the past.

Flying haggis

Likes Bikes
Thanks for the reply, I'm not a grandfather rider. I qualified through the Kona last month.

That puts my mind at ease a little, just have a few things to consider before I enter.

Cheers.

Le Matelot

The Easter Solo 24 in Canberra has just been announced by MTBA as the 2010 Australian Solo 24 Champs. This means that it will now come under the 75% / 50% rule for qualifying for the 2010 World Solo 24 Champs.

Expect some revised FAQs within the next day.

Le Matelot

Now that the Easter Solo-Only 24Hr is the 2010 Australian Solo 24Hr MTB Champs, the qualification rules for this race have changed from Proportional to the 75% / 50% rule. This is explained in the latest FAQ document (attached).

The most recent list of qualified and grandfathered entry riders for the 2010 24 Hours of Adrenalin World Solo 24Hr MTB Champs (Canberra on 9/10 October 2010) is also attached. This is correct as of the completion of the last qualifying event (the 2009 Kona 24Hr) and is sorted by Male/Female first, then by name.

Entries will be open early in the new year. There will be a link from the CORC website and also the MTBA website.

Attachments

stevo78

Likes Dirt
tent hire

is there the option for tent rental available for the worlds yet? looking to enter and was hoping to pay for that as well!

Le Matelot

is there the option for tent rental available for the worlds yet? looking to enter and was hoping to pay for that as well!
Yes, there will be - but it is not up on the entry site yet. That will happen later. You can enter the race now.

See page 5 of the attached FAQ document, but here is a list of what you get with your entry, plus what options you will be able to get.

Riders who enter will receive as part of their entry:
• An allocated empty 3m x 3m site in the World Solo Pit Row. This is the only space allowed for the rider/helpers in
the World Solo Pit Row and all sites will have direct frontage onto the course.
• An allocated 5m x 10m camping and parking area between 100m and 300m from the solo pit row.
• A range of World Solo 24Hr Championships Products.
• Access to the World Solo Pit Row battery charging facilities.
• Access to the World Solo Pit Row kitchen (BBQ, microwaves, urn, fridge, some 110V power, tables, chairs).
• World Solo Pit Row helper pass.

You can erect your own pop-up in the 3m x 3m space allocated to you, but we cannot supply you power or heating in your own pop-up tent.

Additional Options which may be hired through the organizer (costs TBA)
• A fitted out 3m x 3m Hoecker Marquee with, rectangular table, 3 chairs, power, lights
• Rigid plastic flooring for the marquee
• Gas heating plus spare cylinder (only available for the Hoecker Marquee)
• 240v to 110v step-down power transformer (only available for the Hoecker Marquee)

You can attach soft banners to your 3m x 3m Hoecker on the front, back and the roof. If you want to use the roof, then we recommend your bannering is printed on flutter-flag material and secured like a "fitted sheet" so it looks good from the ground and from the air.

And one more thing... So far, 91 entries from 8 countries. Remember, the 5% discount for grandfathered riders ends on 31 January 2010. They can still enter after that - but no discount.

Attachments

Last edited:

carbs

Likes Bikes
Whats the record amount of entries they have had at any of their events?
Got a start list you can show yet?

Rat

Likes Dirt
Thanks again Le Matelot for the help and info you have given everyone and the personal messages informing me of my options. I have now decided to enter Kellevie 2010 in March to qualify, instead of relying on my past results. (Thanks to my family and work for juggling things to allow this)

If I'm happy with that result I will enter the Worlds as soon as my result is processed and I show up as qualifying. (Hopefully the rental Marquees will not be booked out by then)

I'm going to see if I can find some sponsorship, so the info about banners being allowed on Marquees is good.

What other exposure can I offer a potential sponsor? such as will their name appear next to mine in the race / results listings?

Approximately how many many racers and spectators are expected to be there?

I assume there will be good TV and magazine coverage.

Cheers,
Rat

DaGonz

Eats Squid
You can erect your own pop-up in the 3m x 3m space allocated to you, but we cannot supply you power or heating in your own pop-up tent.
Is there any way around this? perhaps if the tent is there before by Thursday morning or similar? leaving a tail? that sort of thing?

Cheers
Craig