2010 World Solo 24 Hour Championships

Dreggsy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have to do my hairs more often than that!

Really though, is it up to us or do we just go and ride what the course is and try and do the best we can.

If we all had an input into how long, which part, more trees, less dust, less farkin switchbacks(!!!), there would be 300 diferent loops.

Like the alchemist says, ride and smile (well ride at least until the pizza dude can't find you) FFS

I vote for a 10 hour loop

yeah i agree, ya get what your given and like it.

But there better be pizza FFS

UKmatt

Likes Bikes
Over here in the UK lap lengths are a minimum of 45min and anything up to 1.5hrs if the conditions are bad.

I guess we don't have such a hot climate, so don't have problems with hydration. I guess if it is super hot then a halfway water stop might be a sensible idea.

How many meters climbing per lap is there likely to be?

DaGonz

Eats Squid
Over here in the UK lap lengths are a minimum of 45min and anything up to 1.5hrs if the conditions are bad.

I guess we don't have such a hot climate, so don't have problems with hydration. I guess if it is super hot then a halfway water stop might be a sensible idea.

How many meters climbing per lap is there likely to be?
Depends on the loop but relatively flat. Maybe 400-500m total climbing tops? it's only 250-300m's I think from bottom to top of Strommers. "Mount" is a very liberal term here...

Cheers
SpoonBoy

Dreggsy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Depends on the loop but relatively flat. Maybe 400-500m total climbing tops? it's only 250-300m's I think from bottom to top of Strommers. "Mount" is a very liberal term here...

Cheers
SpoonBoy
It's the 9km climb and the 123712423542 switchbacks to the top that will get you.

dr.evil

Likes Dirt
Entered! :D

Race*Category - WS24HRC Single Speed Solo
Bib*# - Not Assigned
Name - Steve Woodward
Description - An 'Anti-Trainer' Supporter.
Sponsors -

The race plan is to be out on track and cheer on every single Aussie rider - see you there.

Boreit

Likes Dirt
"Green & Gold" jersey for the worlds?

has there been any thought about putting together a "Green & Gold" jersey that the majority of non supported riders could wear for the worlds, kinda like a big team, it would make it easy for spectators to recognise us? maybe some corporate support from a jersey manufacturer etc could see the prcing competitive?

maybe this is worth another thread if there was enough interest??????

m_g

Likes Dirt
has there been any thought about putting together a "Green & Gold" jersey that the majority of non supported riders could wear for the worlds, kinda like a big team, it would make it easy for spectators to recognise us? maybe some corporate support from a jersey manufacturer etc could see the prcing competitive?

that would be siiiick....is it allowed?

normdouglas

Likes Dirt
that would be siiiick....is it allowed?
Instead of a whole jersey (cost would be prohibitive) why not something simple like a chain stay protector... someone like JetBlack could make them and sell them... I'm sure that would look awesome.

Dreggsy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
has there been any thought about putting together a "Green & Gold" jersey that the majority of non supported riders could wear for the worlds
There are the awesome green and gold track tops in your local souvenir shop. i thought that ALL the aussies could walk around in those.

btothec

Likes Dirt

I'm in the process at the moment of getting a special edition club kit put together through our kit supplier. I think I've got the design sorted out in my head just have to work on colours.

It's the 9km climb and the 123712423542 switchbacks to the top that will get you.
Sweet less switch backs than last year. I'm excited!!!:)

m_g

Likes Dirt
Instead of a whole jersey (cost would be prohibitive) why not something simple like a chain stay protector... someone like JetBlack could make them and sell them... I'm sure that would look awesome.
green and gold grips? Im sure jetblack have got some lying around

Boreit

Likes Dirt
I'm in the process at the moment of getting a special edition club kit put together through our kit supplier. I think I've got the design sorted out in my head just have to work on colours.
which club bloke?

we could have a whole product line.... chain stay protectors/ jerseys/ knicks/ grips , Lazer might come on board with a green/ gold colour scheme! seriously though i will start another thread specific to the subject & leave this thread for more serious talk about tyre choice...

btothec

Likes Dirt
which club bloke?

we could have a whole product line.... chain stay protectors/ jerseys/ knicks/ grips , Lazer might come on board with a green/ gold colour scheme! seriously though i will start another thread specific to the subject & leave this thread for more serious talk about tyre choice...
Forrest MTB & Cycling Club down here in single track heaven.

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
Creating a Profile and Entering the World Solo 24Hr Champs

In the rush to get an entry in after the last 2 qualifying races, there have been some people who are not following the steps needed to create a profile and continue all the way through to entering and payment. These are in the FAQ document, but I have extracted them here:

Step #1 – Your Profile. You need to have an active member profile on the web site www.24hoursofadrenalin.com
(make sure you have confirmed the automated email as confirmation of your email address. This is sent within minutes)

Step #2 – Your Entry. Once you have completed or if you already have a profile you need to email Stuart Dorland so that your profile can be activated, thus allowing you to register for the WSC. Not just anyone can enter, only those qualified from events or under the grandfather clause. Be sure to email: worldchampionships@twenty4sports.com and include in the Subject: Qualifier Activation - (your name). Also in the body of the email include your full name and your email address used in your profile.

Some of these steps also require manual activation from Canada, so please remember that they are 14 hours behind us, and also they may not be immediately available to activate your profile, especially on weekends.

It appears that this process of emailing Stuart Dorland, in Step 2, is the one that is not being followed through.

So - if you create your profile, then send the email and try to enter immediately, it will not work until they have activated you, which involves checking that you have qualified. It may also involve being awake over there :)

Last edited:

Rat

Likes Dirt
Endurance race health warning !

I recently raced in a qualifier for the World 24hr solo and ended up suffering an unusual health problem that I had not heard of or considered. I'm posting here, and also post at MTBR.

This is so people can be informed and perhaps consider during races, or any endurance rides. We all know endurance racing can be risky and at times unhealthy, but how you manage your race and body can lower the risks.

I ended up having two areas of necrotic (dead) tissue removed from each buttock, about 6cm long and 4cm deep. The surgeon said this was because I had been on the saddle too long and cut off the circulation to my tissue which subsequently died.

The recovery is slow (and not much fun) and I'm now at the point where I must face the fact that I will not be up to competing in the Worlds. I should be OK to ride again in a few more weeks? and probably ride good distances after a long slow build up, but may not do 24hrs again.

I have done 24hrs before, and a few 12hrs and 100k races, this time I decided to go hard.
My race tactics were to ride as many laps as I could without pitting, my support passed me drinks and food on the run for the first 6hrs or more. I did stand sometimes for log rollovers and technical parts of the track, but not enough for my body at the time. I have been for 9hr road rides before without problems, so it seems this was partly due to just bad luck, but could have been avoided by standing more, stretching, massage and the occasional quick break.

Please add a bum circulation consideration to your race plans :)