2010 World Solo 24 Hour Championships

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
How are you doing the actual course crossing? Are you building a bridge or something or just a give way sign?
Nah, just who dares wins. Gives the larger riders who don't climb as well as the weight Weenies more of a chance. Bring on the jousting

Blingerific

Likes Dirt
Hey Bling, How are you doing the actual course crossing? Are you building a bridge or something or just a give way sign?
That is being discussed/decided by Russ and Stu. I cut in the track so people can practice the course as intended, whether there's a bridge there come race day is to be advised!

Cheers!
Mullet

Blingerific

Likes Dirt
p.s. that second photo looks icky/rutted
Yeah, there is a section or two of rutted trail up the top to what I have called the 'spoil pile' (photos 5 and 6) but hey, it's the World Champs innit? It looks bad but is quite rideable. I'd say it's more of a challenge to drive up (having tried both :)

Cheers!
Mullet

Fat_Ride

Likes Bikes and Dirt
FOX Racing Shox Event Support

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know that FOX Racing Shox will be at the World Solo 24 Hour Champs to provide suspension support throughout the event.

We ask that you have all your equipment serviced and ready to go prior to the weekend as we won't be doing last minute routine servicing at 11am on the Saturday! :rolleyes:

We will be available for suspension set-up from around 3pm on the Friday and then 8am on the Saturday- Shock pumps also for sale for those of you who don't own them.

Set-up is the key guys and gals... SET YOUR SAG!!
http://www.foxracingshox.com/protune/forks.php?model=32fseries&video=setsag

stuartwsc

Likes Bikes
WSC Trophy has landed in Australia!

After the purchase of a smaller trophy case (our transport was a bit big and did not swim or fly very well) the WSC Trophy boarded a flight from Toronto Canada to California, then was driven to Interbike in Las Vegas, driven back to LAX for the flight on Qantas to Sydney. Cleared customs in Sydney as declared commercial goods (got an extra special line and asked multiple questions including; what's the value, is it made of gold, when was it built etc) all good in the end and I'm happy to say it's now in Australia.

Cheers,

Stuart

Boreit

Likes Dirt
After the purchase of a smaller trophy case (our transport was a bit big and did not swim or fly very well) the WSC Trophy boarded a flight from Toronto Canada to California, then was driven to Interbike in Las Vegas, driven back to LAX for the flight on Qantas to Sydney. Cleared customs in Sydney as declared commercial goods (got an extra special line and asked multiple questions including; what's the value, is it made of gold, when was it built etc) all good in the end and I'm happy to say it's now in Australia.

Cheers,

Stuart
shouldn't it have already been here?

:)

DuncanFG

Likes Dirt
Hello, I just got myself a last minute spot at the Scott. About to buy a plane ticket but was wondering what the transport options from the Airport to the event site were like after 9pm on a Friday night?
Had a bit of a google but didn't find any solid answers. Anyone else flying in around that time that might want to split a cab or something?

Dreggsy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
what the transport options from the Airport to the event site were like after 9pm on a Friday night?
You should be able to get a cab to town, it's not that far to Canberra from the airport. maybe ask Canberra airport info to organize getting picked up.

also, i went to onlineresults to look at the results of the Aus champs back in easter

http://www.onlineresults.com.au/Results/Comp/Australian_Solo_24hr_MTB_Championships_2010
but when i click on the category to see who placed where it takes me to
http://www.onlineresults.com.au/Results/Comp/STM5 Appin Sep25

does anybody have a link to the full results of the aussie easter race?

stu125

Likes Bikes
Okey dokey, having spent a large chunk of the day out on the course I noted a few riders climbing the steep fire trail back to the laser observatory, which is not right. At the firetrail intersection you take the right fork and head right out to Stromlo Rd. If you don't see a new shed being built and Stromlo Rd, you've got it wrong

(see the first image)

Just before you get to the sheds turn left and then left again to stay under the powerlines;

(images 2 - 6)

I was lucky enough to have a hand today (big thanks Pat!) and as a result the new section of trail past the laser observatory is roughly cut in (thanks to ANU for allowing this!). When you go past the Visitors Center (to the right, uphill) you come to a gate. From there riders were set to use the tar to get back to the Echidna firetrail but ANU have allowed us to cut in a track for this event. Immediately before the gate there is a red arrow pointing left, head past the wattle tree and hopefully the line is well enough defined. Stay high from the gum tree and track direct to the observatory (you should see a largish rock, that is your aim point). When you hit the car park skirt around its left edge and aim for the tall dead tree. The trail will be self evident. Remember that the laser observatory is in use so PLEASE stick to the car park as they may be using the laser target downhill from it; and don't freak if you see a green laser, that's what the observatory does! Car park safe, downhill area not.

(images 9-10)

We have also moved the cross over to Echidna Junction proper. On the first pass (orange) you head down the firetrail from the old DH start and into the single trail to Echinda Junction then onto Western Wedgetail. On the second pass (red) from the laser observatory you now stay on the firetrail up past the grave-site turnoff and then ride off to the right of the gate and into Echidna. The off to Rollercoaster and big grins. The last image explains.

Hopefully all that makes sense. I have stuck out a couple of red arrows to help, we can't stick out too many until the event proper. Any questions then PM me or drop it on this list :)

Cheers!
Mullet
Just out of interest
Are they planning on allowing this track to stay in use after the race?

Stu

jeffandal

Likes Dirt
How olde skool

Didn't people stop using tubes about the same time they stopped wearing baby blue safari suits?
In the last 2 days?? wow does catch on quick.
I had 2 use 2 tubes on Sat. Had to stop and think how they worked. :p
Though the fact I had 2 use a second tube, they didn't work so well. :rolleyes:

SSDave

Likes Dirt
I believe there's some injured riders floating around, maybe change your identity and take their spot.....................................just a thought.
Problem is I'm now one one the injured ones, new body parts didn't come today, surgery rescheduled for tomorrow.

adz

Likes Dirt
...speaking of tubes.

I am riding a little bit new 29er...

I have Shitmano tubeless wheels

but alas my LBS is struggling to source tubeless 29er tyres.

Without tubeless i feel confident that stromlo will psssssssssssssssssssss me more than once.

Can anyone get there hands on something for me? Happy to give u cash when i see u

My preference would be

- race kings with snake skin (can u get them in white ;-))
- racing ralphs (errrr white?)
- block eights

happy to take suggestions on other tyres that would offer superb rolling. Just a reminder that its size 29er. Not 26.

Thanks a tonne!

Adz