2010 World Solo 24 Hour Championships

Raf

Likes Dirt
Re pictures, it was dark by the time I got out there, so no pics of Porkys. In fact not wanting to risk a broken arm myself, I went via magpies to slick rock. So there is a chance someone foudn some road base...... will let you know tomorrow night.

Question - Everyone out there tonight (ok, not everyone) had what lloked like nite rider Duo's/ Double lights. I only have a 900 lumin single globe light (second one on its way from Cellbikes). First time I used it tonight, and I know Im SOOO 2009, but 900 lumins is cracking bright. ANyway, double globes...What's the story...?

RED_RACER

Likes Dirt
Wondering the same myself. I ran maxxis ignitor+crossmark UST combo at last years scott, no drama's whatsoever. This year I am opting for a lightweight setup (race kings) but if its as bad as they say I might go back to the bombproof setup!

Larabeemax, thanks for the link.. its weird seeing gordo on the giant!
I went around the track with a local and did a few extra rocky sections and he was running the supersonic race kings with no problems at all! Im running the protection model on the back for piece of mind...

smokeybear

Likes Bikes
I've ridden the track 5 times this week including once at night. Pork Barrel is a bit knocked around, at a guess if you've managed to qualify for the 24 solo you'll get down no worries you just need to take a bit of care. It's not buffed like last year but it isn't looking like a DH track.

If your prepared to carry a bit of speed descending I'd probably run a normal rear tyre rather than a super light one, though a light tyre is probably fine if your careful.

Hope that helps...

Raf

Likes Dirt
What I mean is, do they provide better vision due to dual light direction (or the like) or is there another reason....

jeffandal

Likes Dirt
What I mean is, do they provide better vision due to dual light direction (or the like) or is there another reason....
They simply double the Lumen output. 2x300L = 1x600L (close to at least). So less load on the bulbs, and I suppose if for some reason one light went, you still have one.
And, also as you suggest, you have options of how you focus the beam.
Hope this offers some help.

rangie

Likes Dirt
gun

Craig Gordon on enduro cover on his new GIANT anthem. Also great 24hr review.

Time will tell, another wk to go to race day!

We should have seeding etc soon we hope.

normdouglas

Likes Dirt

rangie

Likes Dirt
Same Frames as we've had for the last two races now, but with new "stuff".
Including new Fox Shox F32 FIT RLC with the new Kashima uppers.
New running gear for #1 bike.
Existing Fulcrum Red Carbon Wheels on #1 bike.
New Wheels for #2 bike - Fulcrum Red Zeros
#1 is a 2010 Carbon Anthem > #2 is a 2009 Alloy LTD Anthem.
Rotor Rings Q-Rings on both.
XTR/XT Brakes Shifters etc.
Schwalbe UST 2.1 Rocket Rons/Racing Ralph Combo
View attachment 184496View attachment 184497
View attachment 184493View attachment 184494
Qrings shift good? longevity? Rons strong enough?

Looking great Norm! Must have a bit of a sticky beak soon!

Sumgy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
MAybe a dumb question and maybe this has been answered already somewhere between all of the hundreds of emails, posts etc, but is there somewhere that updates of lap times, placings etc will be posted??
I have family and friends who want to follow from afar.

normdouglas

Likes Dirt
Qrings shift good? longevity? Rons strong enough?

Looking great Norm! Must have a bit of a sticky beak soon!
QRings are super high quality... so yes good longjevity and shift very well.

Rocket Rons are the lightest UST tyre on the market (To my knowledge) and so far we haven't had any major issues... but that's probably due to the calibre of the rider ;)