2010 World Solo 24 Hour Championships

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hello everyone, mission accomplished!

While the lessons learnt at WSC 2010 are still fresh in your mind, please consider taking a few minutes to contribute to Rotorburns "Fools guide to your first 24 solo" at http://solo24hour.wikia.com/wiki/Fools_guide_to_your_first_24_hour_solo_Wiki

you don't even need to register to make a contribution!

If you're not contributing, please have a quick browse, you never know what sort of gems you might find in there!

Cheers,

Andrew

Anti_Trainer

Likes Dirt
Off Topic

Wow.
Did not expect this response.
PM on the way.
Mullet is a god. He organised a treasure hunt last year in the pouring ran that ended at a pub. When we finally got to the pub, Mullet was standing there with spare towels from his house to dry riders and even had t-shirts if you wanted to keep dry. He's the business.
Thanks again for such a tough course, that only got tougher, yee ha!

morto1980

Likes Dirt
Mullet is a god. He organised a treasure hunt last year in the pouring ran that ended at a pub. When we finally got to the pub, Mullet was standing there with spare towels from his house to dry riders and even had t-shirts if you wanted to keep dry. He's the business.
Thanks again for such a tough course, that only got tougher, yee ha!
I remember that! Yep - above and beyond :)

All things considered, I think the organisation of both events was pretty damn good (I remember thinking "wonder if they've bitten off more than they can chew with 2 huge events at the *same* time"). Good to see that Mullet is keen to hear people's concerns, too.

Neon

Likes Dirt
- Acts of bravery that you witnessed out there (the woman walking bike for 11kms was one)
it was my coach that walked her bike for 11 k's.. im not too sure on the details but she broke her seatpost or something out the back and had to walk it..

.stu.

Likes Dirt
Where in the course is the photo taken that looks like we're riding across a grassy field with violet flowers in the foreground?

Hooch

Likes Bikes
The shorts I ordered from the states, the online pic showed normal knee length shorts
the ones that arrived weren't
the chest hair was surprisingly warm. I was forced to start my lap earlier than expected due to a mechanical with one of the other riders and I was wearing my night ride shirt. suffice to say by the end of the first climb I was seriously overheating and after mr mankini rode past just though what the hell.

bakers

Likes Bikes
Bugger...

Got back to sydney on monday & what are these bits of orange plastic on my forks???

Anybody know where I need to send the castech chips to CORC??? Castec???

As for the other posts re the course I thought it was a bloody ripper. Well done to all those involved.
Also re the organisation, should of sent CORC to india to do the CW games. I thought that given the fact that the 24hr solo was run in conjunction with the Scott, CORC did a great job and the event is something they should be proud of.

Regards

Bob

PS
Fotos are pretty good. first time using sporgraf
Check out the race face

Attachments

m_g

Likes Dirt
Where in the course is the photo taken that looks like we're riding across a grassy field with violet flowers in the foreground?
nice shots hey? I think that is western wedgetail (???)... after going under the scaffold overpass we went through a big field of flowers (not grassy though!!)

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
Returning Transponder Chips

Got back to Sydney on Monday & what are these bits of orange plastic on my forks???

Anybody know where I need to send the castech chips to CORC??? Castec???
Thanks for asking - if you look up the Castech website there are instructions on where and how to to send them. We'd love you to send them back - 'cause CORC have to pay if you don't :)

bakers

Likes Bikes
Thanks for asking - if you look up the Castech website there are instructions on where and how to to send them. We'd love you to send them back - 'cause CORC have to pay if you don't :)
Thanks for that. on their way to:

Castech Sports Technology
PO Box 219
Wahroonga, NSW 2076

Australia

Phone: +61 (0)458 299 558
Fax: +61 (0)2 9012 0554

Returning transponders

Please ensure transponders are sent in a padded bag or small box.

Transponders are large enough to tear out of envelopes in postal sorting machines, it is the senders responsibility to ensure adequate packaging

OzDirtCast

Likes Bikes
OzDirtCast coverage of 24HoA World Solo Champs

Hi all,

Just in case you missed our links (back on about page 140 or something) we have a bunch of video updates made throughout the race and we'll be getting a DVD out for sale really soon.

Relive the glory - watch the videos - everybody happy! hehehe!

www.ozdirtcast.com
www.youtube.com/ozdirtcast
www.twitter.com/ozdirtcast
search 'OzDirtCast' on Facebook

you can even search and subscribe to the regular podcast on iTunes

enjoy!

Hugh

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey all,

Did the WSC get coverage in the press at all? My university is pretty good at giving people a helping hand (even for niche sports) so long as I can demonstrate there is some degree of legitamicy and coverage for it. Maybe 24HoA made some press releases available that I can point the university administrators to?

Cheers

nexusfish

El Mariachi
Hey all,

Did the WSC get coverage in the press at all? My university is pretty good at giving people a helping hand (even for niche sports) so long as I can demonstrate there is some degree of legitamicy and coverage for it. Maybe 24HoA made some press releases available that I can point the university administrators to?

Cheers
yeah that would be great, i have been trying to do the same thing at my uni

OzDirtCast

Likes Bikes
Hey all,

Cheers
Hi guys,

Our footage is going to be used in a package on Cycling Central on SBS on the weekend - check it out!

There was plenty of other media there as well covering it for the local news, mountain bike mags, etc

What Uni do you guys go to? We put a call out for more crew with a few universities and heard virtually nothing... maybe next time?

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm at Macquarie University in Sydney, they've been fantastic with allowing me to get extensions on assignments and a few other things to allow me to compete without putting my academics in jeopardy (though admittedly I have a different definition of jeopardy to most people)

I'm looking for press releases to demonstrate an element of legitimacy in 24 hr MTB which would garner some financial support from the Uni as well. We all know how expensive this sport is!

Given a bunch of RB'ers are currently sitting their HSC, I'll take the opportunity to give Mac Uni my unconditional recommendation