Sold 2011 Giant Anthem 29er, with a few tweaks

Jubas

Likes Dirt
Item: Large 2011 Giant Anthem 29er 100mm frame w/ Fox RLC fork. More details on spec here: http://www.cbdcycles.com.au/bikedetails.php?id=848
Item Condition: Used but not abused - not much use in the last 2-3 years, and serviced regularly before that
Reason for selling: After several years of thinking i'll get back to riding this more frequently after baby #1 is born, realising i'm not, and then having baby #2 on the way, I thought it was time to sell my mtb. I've owned this since new and had a great time on it - it was upgraded heavily back when I was racing, but hasn't been ridden properly for several years now.
Price and price conditions: $1,200
Extra Info:
Modifications include:
  • Salsa Pro Moto handlebar 660mm w/ 11 degrees backsweep
  • KS Lev dropper w/ remote (150mm) (a tiny amount of play)
  • Conversion to 1x10 with 32 tooth NW chainring and Zee 10 speed rear derailleur
  • Wheels built with DT Swiss 240s hubs, Light bicycle carbon rims, and SuperComp spokes
  • Currently running Ardent Race and Ikon tyres (front/back) with near new tread (only a couple of rides) set up tubeless
Pictures: As attached

Attachments

Last edited:

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
That's a survivor! Nice to see. Nice price too. I had one just the same but frame failure took it away and the warranty replacement has never had the same bling factor (still have it).

I don't wish to be mean but this frame had so many issues that close up pictures of the seat tube & top tube junction and the lower shock mount wouldn't go astray. Might help win over the odd internet review...

Jubas

Likes Dirt
Yeah, it's been a fantastic bike. Very torn to let it go - both functionally and sentimentally. Good point on the extra pictures - other frames definitely had issues, but I've been lucky with this one. Will grab some pronto

Jubas

Likes Dirt
Finally got around to adding a few pics - just the top tube/seat tube junction at this point. Does anyone know where the lower shock mount was cracking? There's no cracks on the frame, but want to make sure i'm taking a picture of the right spot!

Attachments

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Finally got around to adding a few pics - just the top tube/seat tube junction at this point. Does anyone know where the lower shock mount was cracking? There's no cracks on the frame, but want to make sure i'm taking a picture of the right spot!
Mine went on the mount itself...cracked from the bearing race out towards the seat tube.

A mate of mine is still beating the spuds out of their same Anthem on the trails of Broken Hill...no dramas at all.

softy

Likes Bikes
It sure is.. Baby #2 arrived and I couldn't bring myself to post it on Facebook and deal with a bunch of random people just yet
Ok cool. Let me get back to you in a few days, I’m just starting to look for a friend who’s just merging into mtbing.

Jubas

Likes Dirt
Thanks everyone - this is now sold! A bit of a bittersweet moment saying goodbye to it, but the new owner will have a great time!