2011 Transition Bandit

andy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Test ride

I had the demo bike out earlier this week. All I say is WOW.

Actually I can say alot more.

Climbing - It is a really good weight for this sort of bike. It pedals really well, don't need the propedal if you are smooth. If you stomp like me it comes in handy but nothing I couldn't live with out. The climb to the top of Mt Joyce is long with lots of switch backs and only a few steep bits. I climbed up here equally as good as my 11kg Turner Flux. At Castle hill where the climbs are short, steep and techy it was better than my Turner.

Decending - It comes alive. I was worried that the small block 8's would see me on my arse, but the suspension keep the tyres planted and actually marking some knarly ripping sounds when pushed really hard. Over jumps or tech sections you could load and pick up the bike really easierly and it flew through the air really centered and neutral. When pushed hard in corners it can load up so much that you have to be careful when pedalling out to avoid pedal strike.

Nice features on the bike - The level 2 build is great, the home brand Transition parts are top quality stuff. The frame has nice to access dropper post guides. The frame in general is very clean looking. I am 178cm tall and the demo was a large. I loved the TT length but the ST would give me issues for a dropper post. I am right on the border between sizes.

I rode a Super Bike at Mt Joyce last week, and the bandit is equally as good in this type of terrain as the Yeti.

Some pics of the bike at Castle Hill

Darber

Squid
Thanks for the review. When i'm not so busy i might try and track down this demo bike. Who is doing the demo? I've seen the frames and builds for sale by a Briso shop. Is it from them?

andy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I am lucky enough to have known the owner of Super Sports for a while, Xero on here. He let me have it for a couple of Days. There is a Demo day coming up in a couple of weeks I believe. Keep a watch on he Supersports facebook page maybe.

Darber

Squid
Bandit Demo?

Hi back looking at these bikes again. Anyone know how to go about hooking up a demo ride in Bris on the Bandit. Not sure if the demo day mentioned has happened or not. I couldn't find any info on it.