2011 Transition TR450 what is one worth today?

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
So, been thinking about freeing up some cash for other bike goodies.

And been thinking about selling my medium TR450. Has had fairly light use over the years.

Genuinely curious as to what you guys reckon it is worth/what I could sell for it for.

Have seen some similar aged 26" DH bikes listed for $1200 - 2500. My thoughts were maybe somewhere around $1500....

Discuss.

Cheers,

JB.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Spec and pics dude...

...outside of covid, is say you're over the top by about 500-650. A 10 year old she bike doesn't have a strong sales pitch. That is 10 years of being belted down complicated and difficult trails.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Spec might help with the valuation. What are the main bits?
Ahh yeah, good thinking

Fox 40s
Fox RC4 coil
Avid Code R's
Kore bars
Thompson seat post
Transition in-house revolution wheelset.
XO shifter

Pretty much all stock from factory.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Spec and pics dude...

...outside of covid, is say you're over the top by about 500-650. A 10 year old she bike doesn't have a strong sales pitch. That is 10 years of being belted down complicated and difficult trails.
Agreed outside of covid the price would be lots lower.

TBH probably only 5 years of use. A few times a year. Seemed like a good thing to spend money on at the time.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Exactly - I doubt anyone in the real world could tell the difference in stiction between K and standard anodising

Should be called Corn Flakes the way that stuff comes off the legs on some (not so old) Fox forks

They can tell he difference in how it looks...and looks is the important bit.

moorey

call me Mia
I’d reckon $1000-1100 complete. Could get a bit more split.
I’m basing that without a covid tax. All bets are off currently.
Could get ignored at $1000, or snapped up immediately at $1500.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
I’d reckon $1000-1100 complete. Could get a bit more split.
I’m basing that without a covid tax. All bets are off currently.
Could get ignored at $1000, or snapped up immediately at $1500.
That was my kind of thinking sans covid tax.

Strange times with covid. Would never think it was worth $1500,but you never know at the moment.

moorey

call me Mia
That was my kind of thinking sans covid tax.

Strange times with covid. Would never think it was worth $1500,but you never know at the moment.
No, you sure don’t. If you’re selling though, might as well try now. Ask what you want, sans covid, and hopefully you’ll get what you want, without being lowballed and screwed around.

mxh

Likes Dirt
I recently sold my 2011 Glory, in pretty good condition, for $900, but it took a couple of weeks to go.

I then saw it relisted on Gumtree and Facebook a couple of weeks later for $2500, was quickly reduced to $2100 and then disappeared. Can only assume it got sold with a good profit in there for someone!

So if you're not in a hurry, why not advertise it for $2k and see who bites.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
I recently sold my 2011 Glory, in pretty good condition, for $900, but it took a couple of weeks to go.

I then saw it relisted on Gumtree and Facebook a couple of weeks later for $2500, was quickly reduced to $2100 and then disappeared. Can only assume it got sold with a good profit in there for someone!

So if you're not in a hurry, why not advertise it for $2k and see who bites.
Wow. Crazy times.