NSW 2011 Trek Fuel Ex 8 15.5" (Small) [SOLD]

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
If you would like any further details or additional pictures, please let me know.

Item:
2011 Trek Fuel Ex 8
Item Condition: Well used but well loved
Reason for selling: Upgrading to a longer travel bike and it turns out that the "N" in N+1 is a finite number... who knew.
Price and price conditions: $1,700 (negotiable, buyer pays postage). Willing to split as frame and fork $1,000
Extra Info:
This has been my do it all bike for the last three years so it is well used and has the typical cosmetic blemishes from shuttles and the like but no dings or deep gouges in the metal. Mechanically it is A1 and has been maintained by owner with OCD tendencies.

I have competed on this bike in all types of events including 24hr and 100km endurance xc races to getting on podiums in the NSW Gravity Enduro series in both 2013 and 2012 so it really is a do everything weapon.

I still have most of the OEM components that were changed out at various intervals to morph this bike into a more gravity orientated machine (SLX triple ring crankset, front derailleur, front shifter, long cage rear derailleur, etc) and would be happy to fit this stuff up if you are looking for an XC type bike. Most of all this bike is pure FUN and because of this it holds a special place in my heart and will be greatly missed when it goes.

Size:
15.5" (Small)
Travel: Front - Fox 32 120mm with Kashima upgrade, Rear - Fox DRCV 120mm with Trek's ABP Full Floater
Wheels: OEM Bontrager Duster 26"
Tyres: Maxxis Ardent 26" x 2.25
Bars: OEM Bontrager (Cut down to approx. 620mm)
Seatpost: OEM Bontrager post 31.6mm diameter (Can supply Crank Brothers Kronolog or Rockshox Reverb Stealth for more monies)
Pedals: Does not come with pedals, however I can dig up a pair of flats if you require
Brakes : Avid Elixir CR with pad contact adjust
Rear Derailleur: SRAM XO Type 2 clutched [BRAND NEW]
Rear Shifter: SRAM X9 [BRAND NEW]
Cranks: Shimano Zee 175mm
Chain Guide : MRP Lopes​

Pictures:
P1170389.jpg
P1170394.jpg
P1170386.jpg
P1170384.jpg
P1170388.jpg
P1170385.jpg
P1170393.jpg

Last edited:

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Thank you for your message d.murdoch, I attempted to reply but got the following error...

The following errors occurred with your submission
d.murdoch has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

As stated in the for sale post, I am happy to box it up and ship it out as long as you cover the freight costs.
Also please let me know which bike you're interested in as I have a couple for sale.

Regards, Michael.