ACT 2012 Australian 24hr Solo MTB Championships

tcp13equals2

Likes Bikes
I'm allowed to set the course for the Easter race, so I'm really hoping it can be at Majura. I'm already thinking about all the climbs we won't be doing. And I'm taking out that corner where someone pushed me into the trees - twice!

Setting an interesting, we haven't done this before, course at Stromlo is going to be more challenging.
Can we have the Boy Wonder climb ... :) ... and some auto-alley could be cool too ...

Kris_on_1

Likes Dirt
Confirmed at Majura yet?
Nothing is confirmed yet, still got a couple of things to sort out first. And I think the plan was to send out a rider survey, just to make sure. Though based on the comments so far, Majura is certainly a clear winner.

Can we have the Boy Wonder climb ... :) ... and some auto-alley could be cool too ...
Hmm, maybe we could have that bit just for the 'special' people. I'll be taking the beer shortcut thanks.

jean5614

Likes Dirt
Yesterday I rode both Stromlo and Majura. While Stromlo is a world class xc venue and quite a challenge for me, I would much rather do a 24 at Majura. I think the flowing nature of the trails would be kinder to the body and a lot more fun. I also like the feel of being in the forest rather than on the hill.
I think many will disagree, wanting a real mtb course. But, to me, Stromlo feels a bit artificial. I can also see that maybe Majura would lack challenge for the elites. But maybe this would lead to closer racing?

+1 Majura for me.
Majura not a world class xc venue? No challenge for the elites? Majura, spiritual home of the Easter24. A few elites have come a cropper there whilst many more have shone, has anyone ever raced there and not loved it? Stromlo a real mountain bike course? Majura, gotta love it, Jack:02.47-tranquillity:

goryden

Likes Bikes
Majura

Being a relative newbie to 24 solo (only done the WSC2010), would love to sample Majura. Never raced there. Plenty of races at Stromlo later in the year including Scott.

+1 Majura.

Machine

Likes Bikes
I have a soft spot for Majura and its not the back side. Done 4 easter solo only at majura and love the camping site and being under tree cover 90% of the time. I wasn't looking forward to doing WSC 2010 at Stromlo considering it there was no there cover but ended up really enjoying it, especially heading down from the top at night and being able to see the pits and the city. Every race track has its pros and cons.
Stromlo has quiet smooth lines and didn't seem to be as hard on the hands not like Majura with all its tree roots.

Majura home for easter solo for me.

Jackstack

Likes Dirt
Well, I had recieved permission from the Department of Fun & Finance do do the Easter race this year, but due to lack of riding was considering putting that permission slip away till next year, BUT, if it's at Majura, I'm there!! Lack of training or not!

RED_RACER

Likes Dirt
Well, I had recieved permission from the Department of Fun & Finance do do the Easter race this year, but due to lack of riding was considering putting that permission slip away till next year, BUT, if it's at Majura, I'm there!! Lack of training or not!
Isn't Easter weeks away? Isn't that over 10 weeks of training? Some of you guys are far too serious!

Dreggsy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Majura

Majura for me,
Just got to get my ass out of gear, and "prepare" for it.
All depends if my usual suspect mates will be there to ride with.....not against.
Could be my training for the 2013 24hr worlds.

Kris, can you put in all the hard DH descents, it's funny watching Anti-Trainer play at downhill.

Clyde Dave

Likes Dirt
Majura for me,
Just got to get my ass out of gear, and "prepare" for it.
All depends if my usual suspect mates will be there to ride with.....not against.
Could be my training for the 2013 24hr worlds.

Kris, can you put in all the hard DH descents, it's funny watching Anti-Trainer play at downhill.
Who needs to prepare? You need a pie and sauce mate!!!

Kris_on_1

Likes Dirt
Anti-Trainer pushed me over on the uphill (twice) at the last Majura, maybe I'll have better luck avoiding him on the downhill.

Went for a ride with Ed this evening, and I really like the idea of Auto Alley being part of the track. I did decline his choice of uphill firetrail though, that was just silly.

HOWEVER, Majura is still not 100% confirmed. I'm looking at both tracks, and putting together two courses - I'm currently partial to the little dirt crit track at the base of Stromlo, maybe combining this with the Playground off Fenceline, throwing in the wall rides off Cockatoo, a quick firetrail over the BMX freestyle track, and then loop that back in to the crit track.

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
<3 Majura!

Sorry if I've missed it, do we have confirmation that Easter is Solo Nats 2012?

-Andrew

flick25

Squid
Currently this is still the 2012 Solo-only 24hr CORC Easter race. MTBA have not yet issued the EOI for National solos for 2012.
Hi There,
I can't seem to find much info about this event, and given there are Easter eggs on the supermarket shelf it means that its really not that far away. Is it a confirmed 'national' event ?? If so, when will entries open, and event info start to appear?

Cheers

Flick

akashra

Eats Squid
Looking at the Territory plan, TVE do not report and utilise such events to gain / justify funds. You can look at this a few ways incompetence, resourcing, laziness, unwillingness, right person in the right job etc Only the major events 24 worlds etc got a mention in the Territory plan 2010-2011. Other events such as these don't even get mentioned as an 'event' go figure!

Majura, I say +1 more!
That's not a very fair comparison. If you look, you'll probably find 2013 stock on shelves as of two weeks ago. :)