2012 nsw/act state dh dates

timt1566

Likes Bikes
just read what the tracks are for 2012, pretty stoked i will get to ride a couple of new tracks, I hope the one venue to be chosen is either coffs or awaba. both tracks are super fun. I cant wait for this series, had so much fun this year.

djsmitt

Likes Dirt
Neither awaba or coffs will be raced this year, awaba because it's dangerous and coffs because its a one man show at coffs and is a lot of work for one man to do each year.

P.s these werent not my decisions they are just what Ive heard from a valuble source:)

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Neither awaba or coffs will be raced this year, awaba because it's dangerous and coffs because its a one man show at coffs and is a lot of work for one man to do each year.

P.s these werent not my decisions they are just what Ive heard from a valuble source:)
Awaba is hosting a National round this season so they'll have their hands full with that. As for the Coffs round, we'll see how things pan out. ;)

jrewing

Eats Squid
Neither awaba or coffs will be raced this year, awaba because it's Awesome and everyones looking forward to the national race there

Fixed - now grow some hair on your chest Josh

djsmitt

Likes Dirt
Hahaha Puberty has nothing to do with this!! haha. As I said, not my decision, both of those track could easily be used instead of most other tracks in the series. Now wtef's with Ourimbah being champs?!

norcorulz

Likes Bikes and Dirt

funniest thing i've read all week.....

MtbDjRidaSachaz66

Likes Dirt
Looks like Stromlo is back on the calandar for next year. Any reasons why??

Most people I talk to hate that track.
I hate it too, simply because it's a fucking pedally track. Yeah flame me and tell me to 'man up and pedal' all you want guys, but I think it's a shit track for that reason... So I will probably just skip the 4th round if Stromlo is on the cards.

But I will most certainly be attending Del Rio and Lithgow as I live not far off from these tracks :) Thredbo will be a must because it's just a place that can't be missed... A hectic track it is.

haroldmtbing

Likes Dirt
I hate it too, simply because it's a fucking pedally track. Yeah flame me and tell me to 'man up and pedal' all you want guys, but I think it's a shit track for that reason... So I will probably just skip the 4th round if Stromlo is on the cards.
stromlo isn't even that pedally , its a great track. Actually challenges the riders , i might have to say its my favourite track!

trailburner

Rocky Trail Entertainment
Here is what we have planned for the 2012 season:

5 rounds + champs: we are hoping to get all 5 rounds organised - it's still early days and we might have to drop one but we thought we put it in the calendar to make planning for you easier. As already pointed out the dates are chosen based on getting you fit for the Nationals.

2nd round tbc: we want to hold it at the Bateman's Bay track. We heard good things about it but haven't heard back from the club for a while after our initial email conversation.

We try to alternate tracks every year so if you have some favourites from last year that are not in the 2012 lineup they are likely to be in again in 2013.

Stromlo: the plan is to ride at Blue Range but the club is still battling with the paperwork to get the track up and running so we need to keep Stromlo as plan B. I also heard that there are plans to reshape Stromlo but that's not confirmed either.

I will keep you posted with updates - looking forward to a great racing season.

JR Tull

Squid
Martin
What you have said is correct. CORC are working hard on Blue Range and that's the plan for the State Race.
Stromlo is also getting a new section of tract in the top area that will be used for the National Round in Feb. It will include a new "big" start hill and a more natural track through upper sections of the hill. work will start in the next week or so once the new "play ground section is finished".
Jeff

norcorulz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Here is what we have planned for the 2012 season:

5 rounds + champs: we are hoping to get all 5 rounds organised - it's still early days and we might have to drop one but we thought we put it in the calendar to make planning for you easier. As already pointed out the dates are chosen based on getting you fit for the Nationals.

2nd round tbc: we want to hold it at the Bateman's Bay track. We heard good things about it but haven't heard back from the club for a while after our initial email conversation.

We try to alternate tracks every year so if you have some favourites from last year that are not in the 2012 lineup they are likely to be in again in 2013.

Stromlo: the plan is to ride at Blue Range but the club is still battling with the paperwork to get the track up and running so we need to keep Stromlo as plan B. I also heard that there are plans to reshape Stromlo but that's not confirmed either.

I will keep you posted with updates - looking forward to a great racing season.
To be honest Blue Range isn't going to happen and you know it. It is a logistical nightmare and if somewhere were to be seriously injured it would take a good 30 minutes to get them to the closest fire road. Having said that, one of my favorite tracks.

Do you have a rough ETA on when you know all 5 rounds and champs in concrete?

jeffery

Cannon Fodder
when are all the tracks and dates going to be official?

like to know what is planned for the season besides ourimbah and stromlo

Rent_a_crowd

Likes Dirt
Seeding/Qualifying

Do you think U19's and Elites could do seeding runs this year instead of qualifying? I think it would be fairer.

What do other people think?

.dan.

Likes Dirt
Do you think U19's and Elites could do seeding runs this year instead of qualifying? I think it would be fairer.

What do other people think?
I agree that U19's and elites should do seeding runs instead of qualifying aswell. It would only take an extra 20 minutes for everyone else in these categories to have a race run if seeding was used. At the Thredbo national round there were over 70 elites and 50 U19's and all got to have a race run and we never get that amount of elites and U19's at state rounds which makes the qualifying system a bit daft. Also if a rider who was in contention for the overall had a mechanical and didn't qualify they would miss out on lots of points and would limit their chances of getting the overall.

CRIK

NSWMTB
I personally think seeding is a better and fairer idea also.

Even the Nationals do seeding and not qualifying so it's not like you're preparing riders for National level racing.