2012 Snow Thread

VW NUT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Spent today at Mt Buller with my dad. We threw a snowie (same as a sickie but you go skiing).

Im not one to rave on about stuff but dang the Volkl AC30 is the best dang thing in the world, I ski a bit of every thing and these skis deliver, there was soft, ice, hard pack and even grass today, I was doing long and short turns aswell as groomed and off the track and they didnt dissapoint. I even threw in the park at the end of the day for a "jib" and I didnt feel uncomfortable.

WINNER

I fly to Queenstown Friday morning! :high5:

NH_

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I fly to Queenstown Friday morning! :high5:
Hope this weather clears up for you, its nice having snow and off piste stuff running but when you have like 3m visibility it isnt much use. ive managed 4 runs in the past 3 days and forecast is for more cloud, snow and fog for a while.

Andrew Benson

Likes Dirt
Hotham

Any body know how Hotham is going? Heading down there for school ski trip in september holidays, last year was terrible year before that was great. So far from the ski reports of fall creek and perisher, it will hopefully be amazing!

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
Any body know how Hotham is going? Heading down there for school ski trip in september holidays, last year was terrible year before that was great. So far from the ski reports of fall creek and perisher, it will hopefully be amazing!
September is always a risky time of the year to go skiing IF you are after quality snow.
There should still be enough cover however you;ll have to be incredibly lucky to get any fresh stuff - still stranger things have happened :)

BTW I know I am being a spelling nazi here but your sig --> "If your reading this your not riding" - seriously? Do you actually pay attention in class? "your"??!!

Andrew Benson

Likes Dirt
September is always a risky time of the year to go skiing IF you are after quality snow.
There should still be enough cover however you;ll have to be incredibly lucky to get any fresh stuff - still stranger things have happened :)

BTW I know I am being a spelling nazi here but your sig --> "If your reading this your not riding" - seriously? Do you actually pay attention in class? "your"??!!
Yeah last years ski trip was terrible, no snow. There was literally huge patches of grass.
Haha yeah I made that in year 8, and I am now in year 11 so I wasn't the best in the grammar department back then.

NH_

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If anyone has the chance to ride shadow basin at the remarks before the next snowfall you will probably spot the legacy a mate and i made on the slope above the chutes, so much effort but so worth it haha.

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
BUUUUUUUUMP.

[video=youtube;KE7TsUswNmg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE7TsUswNmg[/video]

Getting withdrawals :(

cameron_15

Eats Squid
Been a pretty good season for me so far! Spent a heap of time at Mt Buller with mates, went to Queenstown/Wanaka for 2 weeks with my uni's snowboard team and next week I'm off to Buller for the Unigames snowsports! Also hoping to spend a few days at hotham and falls creek to round out the season in mid-late September.

This has been my first proper season in about 4 years and I'm absolutely loving it!

VW NUT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Probably the worst holiday of my life. I arrived in Queenstown last Friday to epic weather, picked up our hire car and had some fun exploring.

Epic drive out to Cardrona saturday morning and had an awsome day skiing. About 3pm we regrouped and fead to the small park for some fun. I cleared the first jump no problems as i hit the next lip its like i caught an edge, just didnt feel right. Next thing i know im lying on my left side in pain screaming. Ski patrol arrived out of no where and held my neck still until medical team came.

Spent the first night in Queenstown hospital anf then transfered to Southland Invercarrgal. Been here a week... Hasnt been easy. Broke my pelvis in 3 places and bruised my kidney and stomach. Fml

Dad arrives this afternoon and will be flying home some time this week and then off to the Alfred.

Not exactly my dream holiday.

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Probably the worst holiday of my life. I arrived in Queenstown last Friday to epic weather, picked up our hire car and had some fun exploring.

Epic drive out to Cardrona saturday morning and had an awsome day skiing. About 3pm we regrouped and fead to the small park for some fun. I cleared the first jump no problems as i hit the next lip its like i caught an edge, just didnt feel right. Next thing i know im lying on my left side in pain screaming. Ski patrol arrived out of no where and held my neck still until medical team came.

Spent the first night in Queenstown hospital anf then transfered to Southland Invercarrgal. Been here a week... Hasnt been easy. Broke my pelvis in 3 places and bruised my kidney and stomach. Fml

Dad arrives this afternoon and will be flying home some time this week and then off to the Alfred.

Not exactly my dream holiday.
Well that's gotta suck. Good luck with it all.

NH_

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Shit that sucks man, park can be a bastard to you if anything goes wrong hope you have a quick recovery and can get home asap. I flew home after 3 and a bit weeks in QT last night, Only had one dissapointment from mytime there that homeward bound had no snow on, had been craving that all year, the snow was alright compared to what i got there last year it was jsut at a much higher altitude. Also i fell i love with how my libtech travis rice pro rode, had a ball on that thing.

VW NUT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Queentown to Soutland back to Queenstown, fly to Melbourne Alfred hospital and now home for a bit. I actually only got one day of skiing a Kadrona and then had my crash at about 3:30pm that day.

Cant wait to go back. Think ill have to sit 2013 out but 2014 ill be back!

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So how'd the season end up for everyone? Anyone jetting up north?

Also, just a heads up that Isenseven are now getting dvd's imported into Australia! This is a pretty big thing for me, as imo Isenseven have been making the best boarding films in the industry for a good few years now.

Excerpt from Kaleidoscope:
[video=vimeo;42820728]https://vimeo.com/42820728[/video]

Last edited: