2013 Demo 8 1.5 - Updated 01/15

morticus

Likes Dirt
So here it is finally, still not finished tweaking parts on it. Next thing to go will be the wheel set, then possibly look at seat post / seat.

Frame - 2013 Specialized Demo 8 I
Rear shock - 2013 Kashima RC4
Front shock/fork - FOX 40 RC2 FIT
Handlebars - Renthal fat bars 40mm rise
Stem - Specialized DH
Headset - Cane Creek 40
Grips - ODI Troy Lee Designs lock ons
Saddle - SDG Storm
Seatpost - Thompson Elite
Front brake - Saint m820
Rear brake - Saint m820
Cranks - Truvativ Descendent
Chainguide - E.Thirteen LS1+
Chain - KMC
Pedals - Deity Decoy
Rear derailleur - Saint m820
Rear shifter - Saint m820
Cassette - SRAM
Front hub - Specialized
Rear hub - Nukeproof
Front rim - Specialized Roval
Rear rim - Mavic 823
Total weight - Doesn't really matter
20130910_071747.jpg20130910_071852.jpg20130910_071918.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
about time! loving the look, apart from the bars, dont know why, but i just think the higher rise bars look goofy!
loving the build so far!

Plus thats a lot of crank rub on the non drive side!

Last edited:

morticus

Likes Dirt
Took me 3 months to choose a set of bars! There isnt a spacer under the stem now so it sits close to the original height.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Bars look fine, fully moto. :noidea: hehe, was very close to bitching about the pics when you first posted them.

Rexy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks great!

Interested to hear your opinion as to how much of a difference an RC4 in the back makes compared to the stock Van.

apex

Cannon Fodder
duuuude, so sweet.
im looking at buying one, but have had no luck in finding one!!
where'd you got yours? and how much?

morticus

Likes Dirt
Cant find a demo? or a green one specifically? I know a bloke in QLD that is selling a green one.

Should update this thread with the new components, might do that soon!

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cant find a demo? or a green one specifically? I know a bloke in QLD that is selling a green one.

Should update this thread with the new components, might do that soon!
Green ones are popping up all over the place now! even sold my own green machine off earlier in the year!
Still pretty jeallous Morticus!

morticus

Likes Dirt
Update

So, finally posting up some upgrades I have done over the last year or so...

Pulled the pin on some new m820 Saint brakes to help pull my fat ass up, and paired the new ispec m820 shifter/rear mech to the brakes. Destroyed a back wheel, so replaced with an 823 paired to a nukeproof hub. Upgraded seatpost and saddle, however this saddle is ROOTED and will be replaced shortly!

After letting some kid have a few runs down Kennilworth when it was my turn to drive, i noticed a massive gouge in one of my stanchions. These were replaced yesterday by NS Dynamics along with a full service. The stanchions are from Fast Suspension based in Europe, and are fucking rad.

Next thing to do is throw some lower rise black bars and a black chainring on to complete the colour scheme. IMHO the best looking alu demo Ive seen, however I might be biased :rockon:

IMG_0124_zpsb4f3f0dc.jpg
IMG_0123_zps506ee7a5.jpg
IMG_0125_zps41e2ab78.jpg

morticus

Likes Dirt
Not wear, just polished! To be honest I was putting a set of Saint cranks on it but I was using an old gripsport rack with the crank holder. Not much point putting fresh new cranks on then they will get scratched up. Will upgrade soon, just got other things that need finishing off first :)

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This thing is looking killer!!
Those forks really look awesome now, but the black bars are needed to match!!
I loved when my forks were black and matched the black in the frame.

out of curiosity, have you had to do frame bearings yet?