NSW 2013 SRAM SINGLETRACK MIND SERIES - The 4th year of singletrack shredding!

MTBEnduroGirl

Cannon Fodder
Newcastle is further away from Awaba than Toronto though...

http://www.bom.gov.au/nsw/forecasts/toronto.shtml

And the rain is not just forecast for the coast, all inland towns near there have the same story, even as far inland as Cessnock which is "Rain, possibly heavy". Lithgow has rain forecast too, and that is pretty far from the coast.

The alarmist media are suggesting 50-200mm on channel 10 weather, but I think they exaggerate a bit. Still, 20mm (and 200 wheels) would be enough to turn Awaba to slush wouldn't it?

Rida

Likes Bikes
From weatherzone ...

SES issues flash flooding warning for NSW coast
Saturday June 22, 2013 - 06:28 EST
The State Emergency Service is urging people to prepare for the possibility of flash flooding as a massive wet weather system bears down on the New South Wales coastline.

Heavy rain is forecast to fall right across the NSW coastline as far south as Narooma and stretching to the mid north coast.

The heaviest falls are expected on Sunday and Monday.

Up to 150 millimetres of rain is expected in some areas with flood watches in place at Paterson and Williams Valleys, Wyong, Georges River and the Nepean River Valley.

The tidal zones of the Cooks and Woronora Valleys have also been issued with flood watches.

SES spokeswoman Becky Gollings says now is the time to prepare.

Mr Pants

skanky media ho
Gah! Postponed again!

We wouldn't dislike Mother Nature so much if she wasn't so incredibly indecisive! After following every variance of the weather reports for the past 2 weeks we have finally waved the white flag to nature and said "Stuff it, we're staying indoors huddled up around the heater!"

While the club was happy for the race to go ahead and confident that the track would have held up with the forecast rain AND we're sure that many of you would not have an issue with riding in wet conditions, we're pretty sure that a fair proportion of you would find it pretty miserable. A wet XCO race is no biggie but being wet for potentially 7 hours is fairly dispiriting. With this constantly changing nature of this weather system, it's impossible to guess whether we'll receive 10mm (pfft, whatever) or 25mm (slip'n'slide!) tomorrow. Your safety and enjoyment is always paramount to us.

So that means that Round 3 of the SRAM Singletrack Mind Series this weekend has been postponed.

We'd like to say a huge thank you to our host club Hunter MTB Association for their assistance in making this decision and of course the preparation they have put into providing a sublime race track for this weekend. We can't wait to race at Awaba andwe are pleased to let you know that we have already set a date for the rescheduled race.

The new date for Round 3 of the SRAM Singletrack Mind Series is Sunday 29 September, at Awaba MTB Park.

More details here: http://www.chocolatefoot.com.au/singletrack-mind-series/latest-news/270-round-3-awaba-postponed

dottyman

Likes Dirt
great decision

Thanks for a wise and timely decision.
As a track builder, I would have been reluctant to ride in the wet.
Spot on....it would be miserable in the forecasted rain.
Great to have the new date so quick too.
I feel for you guys organising races .....
See you in Sept.

Gravjunkie

Likes Dirt
Thanks for a wise and timely decision.
As a track builder, I would have been reluctant to ride in the wet.
Spot on....it would be miserable in the forecasted rain.
Great to have the new date so quick too.
I feel for you guys organising races .....
See you in Sept.
A ditto for every line!

Fi

Chocolate Foot
Update from one of the club guys at 1.30pm today:

"Road in and track was very wet from last night and the rain looks like it may be set in for the day now plus it's freezing."

Hope everyone kept warm and dry today, the biggest disappointment for me is that my new wellies remain pristine :-(

Fi

Chocolate Foot
Round 2 Entry List

A MASSIVE field of 390 riders is entered for Round 2 of the SRAM Singletrack Mind Series at Coondoo Road, Nowra on 4 August!

Here's an opportunity to check out your competition! More importantly, please let us know if your details are incorrect.

Round 2 - Entry List

Entries are still open!

Look forward to seeing you at Nowra!

Fi

Chocolate Foot
Spring has sprung and it's time to spring back into racing! Round 3 of the STM series is coming up fast on 29 September and it's the a track you all love - AWABA! The weather is looking great in the lead up to the race and with the track in great condition it should make for epic, fun racing!

Entries close on Wednesday 25 Sept so get your team or solo entry organised now! You can check if you (or your mates/rivals) are entered already here: List of Entries