VIC 2014 Forrest 3 & 6hr - Saturday May 3rd

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It's the only race that I haven't missed since it began. I'll be damned if I'm going to miss it this year either! I think it's good that they're now offering a 3hr option as well. Apparently (I think) all the 3hr riders (solo & teams) will be riding the teams course.

http://www.forrest6hour.com.au/enter-here

Sooooo looking forward to this. Setting some weight loss and training mileage goals too.

Who else is going?

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sundays hate me. Majority of events are on Sundays. I hear ya though. I yearn for the days of yesteryear when we had proper weekends.

Nath8

Likes Dirt
I'm in.
I'll try not to break a rib the week before the event (dam kids and skateboards) and hoping to actually finish the race this year.
See you all there.

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
I think this is the most fun track of the year. It's the only Enduro race that is 132% down hill.
I think I was the first or second person to enter this year. I missed this race in 2011 as my daughter was only a couple of days old :D

Last edited:

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm pretty keen for this, especially since my last 6hr race didn't even last 10 minutes.

Anyone going to this that also did the Odyssey yesterday?

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
At least at that temp it'll be a low drinking volume race. A bottle might last me 3 laps!

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Must have been a tough slog for the 6 hour solo riders!
I can't remember seeing lap times so spread from first to last lap..

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Yeah, that got hard. Great early, while the sun was out & the dirt was dry, but about 1 1/2 hr in the rain began. Tracks held up pretty well for a couple of hours, but by the fourth hour it was getting pretty gooby in many parts. I stopped at the end of my 5th lap (about the 4 hr mark) to swap wheels (had a spare set with serious mud tyres on) which did wonders for the traction, but there was no escaping the heavy going, and my 7th (and last) lap was about 7 minutes slower.

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I stopped after 5 hours. Front brake was gone, and so was I. Fark me, that was the toughest 6hr race I've been in. Good fun on the Fatty though. Never once struggled for grip all day.

IMG_1710 (1024x768).jpg