2014 NSW State 4X and Dual Slalom Champs Sunday June 8th

garfield84

NSWMTB
Hi Guys sorry for the late notice but here it is!

WSMTB and NSWMTB will be hosting the NSW 4X and Dual Slalom Champs at Ebenezer Sunday 8th June

$30 entry fee additional $20 if day license required

Rego from 8.30am

4X practice and Racing

Lunch

Dual Slalom practice and racing

Presentation

Hope to see some old and some new faces out there battling it out!!!

For directions please refer to http://www.wsmtb.com/v2/4x.html

Last edited:

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
I'm tempted to enter, but also reluctant. I've never raced MTB in any format. I've got a nice DJ bike, which I think would be suited. Without any way to practice the course, I don't know whether it's suitable to me.
According to the website, in 4X the third and fourth place getters are eliminated. Does the same apply for the slalom races? $50 for one run, as I'm sure it would be in my case, is a bit steep.

I'm not trying to put a downer on the meet, I'm keen to be there either as a spectator or entrant, but .......

I don't know. I wonder if anyone else has the same concerns.

LESLIE

Likes Bikes
I'm tempted to enter, but also reluctant. I've never raced MTB in any format. I've got a nice DJ bike, which I think would be suited. Without any way to practice the course, I don't know whether it's suitable to me.
According to the website, in 4X the third and fourth place getters are eliminated. Does the same apply for the slalom races? $50 for one run, as I'm sure it would be in my case, is a bit steep.

I'm not trying to put a downer on the meet, I'm keen to be there either as a spectator or entrant, but .......

I don't know. I wonder if anyone else has the same concerns.
Theres 3 rounds of racing, so no matter what you finish you are guaranteed 3 races, and then depending on numbers in your category you will have semi finals where you have to finish 1st or 2nd to go on to finals,
And if you do happen to come 3rd or 4th in the semi usually you have a B final anyway.

The same applies to the slalom race but in semis you have to win to go through.

Hope this helps, always fun rubbing elbows with someone :thumb:

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
Theres 3 rounds of racing, so no matter what you finish you are guaranteed 3 races, and then depending on numbers in your category you will have semi finals where you have to finish 1st or 2nd to go on to finals,
And if you do happen to come 3rd or 4th in the semi usually you have a B final anyway.

The same applies to the slalom race but in semis you have to win to go through.

Hope this helps, always fun rubbing elbows with someone :thumb:
Thank you. That makes it sound a little better. I'm in. NFI, but I'll have a go.

crashbandicoot

Likes Bikes
Thank you. That makes it sound a little better. I'm in. NFI, but I'll have a go.
You definitely won't regret it, it is the best fun you can have on a bike. Very Casual and a great bunch of girls, blokes and Garfield.

I'm hoping to make it, still recovering from injury and depends on work. Maybe I can come down and wear my Red Angry shirt for you if you need a Commisssair.

Pat is keen as, and taking a few mates hopefully. I'll try and convince Muddie to come along too.

camzh

Likes Dirt
Damn, timing is no good for participating.
But I might come along and have a watch.

Is this track open to use outside of race times/events ?

retro racer

Likes Dirt
Figboot,
in 2011 i never had been or ridin on a dual slalom track either. It was awesome fun mate, no expert skills required, just plain old bike fun. My wife and i and mates were shocked at how welcome the riders made us feel. Best bike event i have ever done for sure. Come along, you wont regret it mate i promise.

Its not about the winning, its about the grinning.