Spokes - Alpine
Nipples - Yep
Tyres - Danfs
Tubes - Nope
Total weight -14.2

Last edited:

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
Really nice build, Rune is now the bike I compare all others too.

Chenve rims - LB? or something diffferent?

What do you think of the renthal Duo and bars? One of the few stems with 10 degrees rise at a short length... pondering as next purchase.

With a NW do you think you'll need a chain guide? I never dropped a chain on the Rune.

Leeroy26

Likes Dirt
Really nice build, Rune is now the bike I compare all others too.

Chenve rims - LB? or something diffferent?

What do you think of the renthal Duo and bars? One of the few stems with 10 degrees rise at a short length... pondering as next purchase.

With a NW do you think you'll need a chain guide? I never dropped a chain on the Rune.
Thanks mate,

The rims are LB.

I like the Renthal stem, bit fiddly to set up though. Love the bars, have them on my DH as well. Cut them to 760mm.
I hate the look of heaps of spacers under a stem, so this way I get a bit of rise without too many spacers.

I think I'll put the chain guide on. I like having the bash guard as protection as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nick82

Likes Bikes
Looks good in raw finish. They are a fun bike to ride. How did you find the climb switch on the cane creek? Do you need to use it? My Fox CTD gets a bit overwhelmed sometimes and was thinking of getting the cc air, I just don't know whether the CS is necessary.

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Tidy as. Decent weight for such a capable bike too. My Spitfire is only 200g lighter. Nice job mate.

Leeroy26

Likes Dirt
Looks good in raw finish. They are a fun bike to ride. How did you find the climb switch on the cane creek? Do you need to use it? My Fox CTD gets a bit overwhelmed sometimes and was thinking of getting the cc air, I just don't know whether the CS is necessary.
The CCDB Air CS is pretty awesome! I just set sag, with factory tune and it just felt perfect!!

The Climb Switch works well, I used it climbing up a fire road once, then the next time round I left it open and felt a slight difference, but still no notable pedal bob.

Still early days on it tho!

Leeroy26

Likes Dirt
Tidy as. Decent weight for such a capable bike too. My Spitfire is only 200g lighter. Nice job mate.
Thanks mate, I'm pretty happy with total weight. I was hoping for 13's but meh.

I was very close to buying a Spitfire. Banshee sure build a nice frame!!

effarr

Likes Dirt
Great looking rig mate. Good to see a few more Runes getting built up!

MWI - RaceFace Respond stem is a 10 deg rise and comes in 45mm and 60mm... I have the 45mm version (I think) and the matching riser bar. About 2/3 the price of the Renthal also.

Leon

Leeroy26

Likes Dirt
Rode this morning, used the climb switch on a fire road climb and was impressed with the difference!

Mainly when standing up and putting in some big pedals, it held up in its travel really well!

This bike is truly amazing on the downhills tho.

In downhill terms its a 'PLOW' bike.