2015 Ellsworth Dare DH Carbon

FoxRidersCo

Sanity is not statistical
By swapping out the rear shock and rotating a flip chip system in the lower shock mount, it's possible to change the rear wheel travel from 225mm to 180mm to 160mm while maintaining "proper" geometry numbers for each mode. Of course you'll need to swap the fork to suit.

In the longest travel DH setting with a FOX 40, the bike has a 63-degree headtube angle, 14-inch bottom bracket, and 17.5-inch chainstay

NoFilter

Likes Dirt
Ellsworth should quit while they are behind. Even though the back wheel is up on that stand it looks steep and short with high bb, antiquated design and aesthetics. Fail. Making it 27.5 does not fix an ugly bike.

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
BST synergy nano really should have just burnt the Ellsworth name.
As trivialmtb said 'It boggles my mind that anyone would buy one Ellsworth bike, so to hear that someone would come along and buy all of them made my head explode with does-not-compute'

Trying to bring a brand out from the 90's freehuck cave is going to be tough.

driftking

Wheel size expert
When I first started riding I wanted the original Ellsworth dare. Looking back I have no idea why I wanted it or even liked it, its pretty filthy.. This is a nice looking bike, well the front end it, that rear end looks filthy still, hopefully its performance can make up. Be good to see them get a team together. It will be a hard task to come back but it looks like they gave themselves a good chance.

The shock hole for adjustments looks like it will be a pain for those with fat fingers and a lovely mud magnet.

Ellsworth should quit while they are behind. Even though the back wheel is up on that stand it looks steep and short with high bb, antiquated design and aesthetics. Fail. Making it 27.5 does not fix an ugly bike.
Did you read the information heavyP listed. 63-degree headtube angle, 14-inch bottom bracket, and 17.5-inch chainstay so far sounds pretty spot on.

Last edited:

ChopSticks

Banned
What's with the strange tab on the frame? Down the seattube towards the cranks.
the silver one?

looks like a backing plate for the shock bolts to screw into (refer to last pic of shock)

if youre talking about the red tap thats part of the frame... i'd assume its for a direct mount front mech for 160mm 'enduro' mode?

Z

Zaf

That rear triangle just doesn't look matched to the bulk and sturdiness of the front triangle. They look toothpick thin.
Seems to be a common theme with Elsworth's, they're magnets, attractive at the front and repellent at the back.

Staunch

Eats Squid
if youre talking about the red tap thats part of the frame... i'd assume its for a direct mount front mech for 160mm 'enduro' mode?
Think you might be right but why anyone would want to run more than 1 front ring AND make this thing into an Enduro bike is beyond me

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
When I first started riding I wanted the original Ellsworth dare. Looking back I have no idea why I wanted it or even liked it, its pretty filthy.. This is a nice looking bike, well the front end it, that rear end looks filthy still, hopefully its performance can make up. Be good to see them get a team together. It will be a hard task to come back but it looks like they gave themselves a good chance.

The shock hole for adjustments looks like it will be a pain for those with fat fingers and a lovely mud magnet.

Did you read the information heavyP listed. 63-degree headtube angle, 14-inch bottom bracket, and 17.5-inch chainstay so far sounds pretty spot on.
Did you read the info foxridersco listed?

Nsnk

Cannon Fodder
I'd like to know the geometry in 180mm set up.
Hopefully they got it right because I can't think of another carbon 180mm bike with 27.5 wheels.
Could be ahead of the game

ChopSticks

Banned
Nomad is 165mm?
ahhhh yes.... my bad. thought the 180mm travel they market it as, was front and back.

quick google search proves nsnk might be right....
closest thing i could find was a speshy enduro evo?... which ticks the boxes, but isnt carbon
while the scott lt 10 is carbon and 180mm... but isnt 650b stock (but can take 27.5 wheels though?)