2015 Glory steerer tube size

dan-0

Likes Dirt
Hey guys
I have been out of the game for a while. My last bike was a Morewood Izumu and 27.5 , 29ers didn't exist.

I have just bought a 2015 Glory 27.5. I plan on changing the forks. Do i buy forks that have a straight 1 1/8 steerer or one of those new fandangled tapered steerers?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Hey guys
I have been out of the game for a while. My last bike was a Morewood Izumu and 27.5 , 29ers didn't exist.

I have just bought a 2015 Glory 27.5. I plan on changing the forks. Do i buy forks that have a straight 1 1/8 steerer or one of those new fandangled tapered steerers?
Not always, but generally big bad arse dh forks will have a 1 1/8 steerer. Likely yours do (have a peek up from the bottom). In which case it is all about the headset...which it is again likely you already have the right size.headset cups for.your next fork. In theory...

DJR

Likes Dirt
Pretty certain my 2015 glory is running straight 1 1/8" steerer domain forks as per factory spec. I think the frame is made with a lower headtube ID that can take a 1.5" fork but the stock lower cup reduces to 1 1/8".

If you really want to be sure take the top crown and stem off and drop the forks down