VIC 2015 InterWinter Series. 4 races 4 Clubs, May 17 / June 14 / July 12 / Aug 2

moorey

call me Mia
PS, they ARE liteskin tyres I'm running. Should give you time to clip me around the ears as you pass me repairing a puncture Sunday week :woot:

riderideride

Likes Dirt
Its taken awhile but they are here now, the Gradings for Interwinter 2015... http://cyclingballarat.com.au/images/results/mtb/2015/2015_IWR1_Gradings.pdf

As with previous years everyone's median lap time was calculated which was then sorted and divided into 3 parts. You will notice that Moorey's performance puts him at the tail end of C Grade but everyone know he is a B grade rider so that was manually adjusted.
Hellooooo. I noticed you have moved me into the womens grade. I actually entered Mens C grade as I prefer to race in that category than womens. Can you please move me back?
Thanks
:) Rishi

mrbailey

Likes Bikes
Using median times gives some interesting results. Puts some 5 lapses in A, some in C, and a guy with a single fast lap ended in A mid field. :noidea:
Agreed.

With 6 laps I'm in the middle of B grade, but my average lap times are the same, or at least quite close, to several 5 lap riders in A grade. I've no problems with being put in B grade, I'm either a handy B grader or a rubbish A grader, but I can't understand the logic of the gradings.

There's a few 5 lap riders who were put in C grade! Fair go! To do 5 laps in 3 hours on a course with plenty of climbing shows they're a very capable rider who is up for a challenge. Give them a carrot and chuck 'em in B grade!

Was the aim of grading just to divide the numbers into each grade evenly?

moorey

call me Mia
Loved the track today guys. Great work. Thought I'd miss the pineys, not so much. Think I was one of about 3 people who didn't flat :woot:
If you could somehow shoehorn in even a short super D, it would be perfect, but not sure the terrain will allow.
Thanks again all.

Ddm

Likes Bikes
Which tracks

Gonna head over to the You Yangs next weekend for some practice, anyone know which tracks will be used for the next round?

moorey

call me Mia
Without doubt, I have never felt as cold, wet and miserable on a bike as I did today :behindsofa:

Last edited:

Cúl-Báire

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anyone have any details on the Mount Lofty/ Redesdale Marathon? Distance in particular... Entry Zone directs you to the FGP website which is quite out of date. :crazy:

moorey

call me Mia
Anyone have any details on the Mount Lofty/ Redesdale Marathon? Distance in particular... Entry Zone directs you to the FGP website which is quite out of date. :crazy:
From memory, if similar to last year, roughly 20, 33 and 46ish. 7km prologue, plus another 1,2 or 3 laps of 13km, depending on grade. Making s huge assumption about unchanged track, nigs.