2015 Monaro Cloudride 1000

Monaro Cloudride 1000
Easter Saturday 4 April 2015

The Monaro Cloudride website has now been revised with some changes and polish put on the rules of engagement for 2015. Entries will open on 1 January 2015.

www.cloudride1000.com

We are expecting a significant growth in our start list for 2015 and with that will come greater scrutiny of riders route compliance and expectations of rider observance of the established protocols for self supported bikepacking. As some of you may have observed there has been a lengthy debate on bikepacking.net >>Forums>> Ultra Racing regarding the ‘spirit’ of riding in and committing to these events. With regard to the ‘rules’ for the Cloudride I have taken the view that less is better and have carefully chosen the words to reflect the intent that you are on your own out there. The decisions you make regarding navigation, resupply and distance ridden are your own and if you fail, fall short and or vary from the ride course you must take full and sole responsibility for your decisions. Your backup option is not the next rider who comes along or the nearby farmhouse. You accept, and ride on with the consequences of your decisions.

www.bikepacking.net

The Cloudride is a tough punishing ride interspersed with moments of joy, relief and triumph. Be prepared for it at the start, commit to finishing it and be rewarded with a great sense of personal achievement when you do finish.

I will look forward to seeing the entries come tumbling in from January 1.

Last edited:

Knopey

Likes Dirt
Haha, one of only 4 to finish from the 18 starters, and he just says "Done". :dance::dance: Understatement!

Congratulations J!

softek

Likes Dirt
Finished, 9D, 6H, 53M.

Pretty stoked.

It is a hard event.
mate, an event like that is life changing, spiritual almost, you NEED to give us like more info bro?, how each day went etc...,

well done mate, its insane to even start to think about what you went through and the challengers.

my first challenge would be asking the wife if im allowed to give it a go,

climberman

Likes Dirt
Hah, yeah, am a bit flamed today and yesterday.

I'll put something together over the next few days, with a day by day breakdown and some gear notes.

There are some hard tracks and big hills, with some very good scenery in good weather and some tough stuff in poor weather.

I had a re-route which avoided the Tingaringy section and the forded crossing of the Snowy River, which was in minor flood by the time I crossed it at McKillops Bridge. Despite the detour being 140km I think I got the quicker deal given the weather.

I wish I'd taken a tent not a bivvy bag, it was a poor choice and quite wet.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007407695704&fref=ufi might have a board you can read in the background?

Last edited:

MelbRod

Likes Dirt

climberman

Likes Dirt
Fantastic write up. Thanks so much for the work you have put into it. It looks like a great trip, and a really satisfying ride.

I've read it through once, but I'm sure I'll come back to it again over the next few days.

Cheers, Rod
No worries Rod feel free to ask or to PM.

Last edited: