2015 Norco Range 7.2 Carbon 27.5 - Enduro Work Horse, Upgrades, Overseas Travel

deej

Likes Bikes
Updates... Photos soon.

Very good looking bike, do you know how much it weight?
Finally updated the Range with a set of Mavic Crossmax XL's running tubeless.

Weighs in at 13.4kg at the moment.

Traveling to the French Alps this weekend for 16 days riding. I'll try and add some photos.

Only other mods i've made are adding an air token to the fork for some more control and new tyres front (Minion FR) and rear (High Roller II) for the trip.

Last edited:

deej

Likes Bikes
Having issues uploading photos, will try again from home before I fly out.

Last edited:

Jessarpi

Squid
Rear brake line rubs on the seatstay

Hey Deej, took me a while to re-find this post.
Have you had any trouble where the rear brake line rubs on the seatstay?
When I first bought mine I put a piece of frameskin where it was going to rub due to the angle of the sram connectamajig at the caliper. After a few days riding in Tassie last week I have noticed a stain on the frame and the line has rubbed through and there is a very fine hole in it. Pretty happy I spotted it before it unloaded and I had no brakes.

The rest of the bike (except for the back to front for the rest of the world cable routing) is great!

deej

Likes Bikes
Hey Deej, took me a while to re-find this post.
Have you had any trouble where the rear brake line rubs on the seatstay?
When I first bought mine I put a piece of frameskin where it was going to rub due to the angle of the sram connectamajig at the caliper. After a few days riding in Tassie last week I have noticed a stain on the frame and the line has rubbed through and there is a very fine hole in it. Pretty happy I spotted it before it unloaded and I had no brakes.

The rest of the bike (except for the back to front for the rest of the world cable routing) is great!

Same, they moved the post over to XC for some reason, I asked to have it moved back to Enduro, but no one has responded.

Yes I did have the same issue with the cable rubbing, I saw it early on too and put a frameskin dot under it.

Unfortunately my beautiful bike took a beating over in France earlier in the year where I participated in the Megavalanche race and 3 weeks of riding around the Alps, an absolutely amazing experience but the bike definitely doesn't look as clean cut now haha.

I have a few different parts on it now, different bars (higher bend at 35mm), the new Mavic Crossmax XL wheelset (also now a bit scratched) which perform so well, and i've been trying out different pedals for a clipless set up, alternating between CB Mallet DH, and Shimano DX's.

All is going well though and the bike is still an amazing ride, best i've owned, durable, fun, lightweight and tough as...

deej

Likes Bikes
I'll try and actually add some of the updated photos of the bike and parts from now on and then maybe a few action shots.
Hectic year and heaps of moving/internet/computer crash-data loss issues....

Attachments

Last edited:

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My large 2016 with Lyric, CCDBCS, DX pedals and stock wheels and Magic Marys weighed in at 14.1kg on the Park Tool scales.
Some carbon rims may drop it back a bit when I get around to it.

deej

Likes Bikes
My large 2016 with Lyric, CCDBCS, DX pedals and stock wheels and Magic Marys weighed in at 14.1kg on the Park Tool scales.
Some carbon rims may drop it back a bit when I get around to it.

The 170mm travel would be pretty awesome on the 2016. I had considered upgrading to the RCT3 with H/L speed compression for more adjustment at some stage.

I wasn't really concerned with weight just wanted to have the strength for the big hits and descents as I love gravity based riding, it's definitely an added bonus though, and its easy to throw it around. They're great rims.

deej

Likes Bikes
Awesome photos and those Mavic xl are becoming quite a popular fitment on AM bikes. ..
Cheers, it was an awesome experience for sure, can't wait to do it again, makes Australia seem pretty flat though haha.

They're just great, and i'd highly recommend checking them out.

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt

The rims are a little soft. Put a ding in one at Redwoods, mind you it was on Rocky Horror, ews trail in the wet with lowish pressures.

deej

Likes Bikes
Nice ride.

I'm looking at organising a trip to NZ for January/February, pretty pumped for that, no idea where I want to ride yet, both North and South would be great.

Any recommendations?

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice ride.

I'm looking at organising a trip to NZ for January/February, pretty pumped for that, no idea where I want to ride yet, both North and South would be great.

Any recommendations?
Redwoods shuttles. Top trails, including EWS trails. They will be closing and logging a couple of areas, not sure exactly when, but if you get there before it will be the last opportunity until they build replacements. The majority will be left untouched. Was my first visit so I don't know where else.
The Skyline park was a bit pedestrian for me. I'm not a big jumper and prefer more technical trails.

deej

Likes Bikes
Redwoods shuttles. Top trails, including EWS trails. They will be closing and logging a couple of areas, not sure exactly when, but if you get there before it will be the last opportunity until they build replacements. The majority will be left untouched. Was my first visit so I don't know where else.
The Skyline park was a bit pedestrian for me. I'm not a big jumper and prefer more technical trails.
Thanks, i'll look into it, I do like to have fun on some jumps, but i'm not great at them, defintely prefer tech steep trails, drops, roots, loose dirt and obstacles.
Rotorua is on the cards for sure.