2016 DMR Trailstar

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Looks the goods Elbo, I'd get lost on that large though haha.

My Spanks came tubeless ready which pleasantly surprised me!
Thanks Tubeless! It is pretty long. When I cut the bars back, it should reduce the reach slightly. I might try and different saddle too, coz this one is a pain in the arse so far (although I haven't ridden for a while either).

My Spanks came with standard rim strips for tubes, but my mate distributes Spank and had a roll of the proper Spank tubeless tape, so I put that on and it sealed up alright with Bontrager valves and Stans. A little bit of weeping from the spokes, but sealed up after a day and has held pressure since.

Pete J

loves his dog
Sorry for the gravedig but I just wanted to know how you have gotten on with your bike? I have an old Trailstar LT and am thinking of getting this newer model to build as a 27.5+ rig. There isn't much in the way of real world reviews that I can find so a firsthand point of view would be appreciated, especially regarding fork travel. 140mm seems like the right way to go but most bikes on the net that I have seen are running longer travel, which makes them look too chopperish imo.

Pete J

loves his dog
What about a 2017 Dartmoor Hornet?
I guess I am just fixated on the DMR because my old Trailstar is the only bike to have stayed in the shed for years on end. I just love the thing and think that this latest version could provide exactly what I want out of a new bike. There are plenty of other options I know but this is what appeals to me most right now.

Ideate

I guess I am just fixated on the DMR because my old Trailstar is the only bike to have stayed in the shed for years on end...
I know that feeling but you need to live a little m8. Yolo! Try new things? Even if you come back to it.. I tried a few bikes but came back to my Darkside and Hornet. I want to try a Stanton next but this time I'll hang the Hornet up knowing that I'll likely go back to it. As for the Darkside.. that'll get passed down to my grand kids (with the 26" wheels and all!).

Pete J

loves his dog
I know that feeling but you need to live a little m8. Yolo! Try new things? Even if you come back to it.. I tried a few bikes but came back to my Darkside and Hornet. I want to try a Stanton next but this time I'll hang the Hornet up knowing that I'll likely go back to it. As for the Darkside.. that'll get passed down to my grand kids (with the 26" wheels and all!).
I've had a few bikes myself but the Trailstar has always been the one I have enjoyed riding most. In fact, if it could fit fatter tyres and had a bit slacker head angle, I probably wouldn't even consider a new bike. The trails here in Finland are really rocky and rooty so this kind of bike makes a lot of sense for those conditions. Some might say a full suspension frame would be better but I found myself riding less during the 6 months of the year when the weather is really crappy.
Thanks for the suggestion though, I just already had a pretty clear idea of what I wanted out of my next bike because it's something I've been thinking about for a loooong time! :)