2016 Specialized Demo

caddy

Likes Dirt
So the base model alloy full build is going to be almost exactly the same price as the S-Works frame only..

help

Guys, i'm sorry to post this in here but does anyone ride a Demo 2012 onwards and are you around 178cm tall ?

I've read the Small is for 5'6" max but others are saying you can ride it as the sizing is off with the specialized frames...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Damien.

p4pb12518696.jpg

Spy shot of the Alu frame. But still doesn't answer the question if it is asymmetric like its carbon cousin.

Guys, i'm sorry to post this in here but does anyone ride a Demo 2012 onwards and are you around 178cm tall ?

I've read the Small is for 5'6" max but others are saying you can ride it as the sizing is off with the specialized frames...

Damien.
I ride a 2012 medium Demo and I'm 6'4 or 191cm. To tell you the truth when I started riding it felt fine. Though now riding it for a few years I'm pretty sure its to small for me and as specialized sizinf says I should be on a large frame. Probability didn't help that the bike I was riding before I brought it was a long specialized sx which is a small bike no matter the size. That's why I'll probably be looking at a new Demo in the next year and half.

If I were you test ride the bike a bit maybe your riding style will suit it. If not, then go by the size chart.

Odissius

Likes Dirt

Damien.
Hey, I'm 178cm's tall and ride a medium '13 Demo. Same height as you and there is no way I'd be riding a smaller frame. I'd say the Med is the way to go for anyone from 5'8" - 5'!1" possibly 6' if you like a smaller ride.

higiff

Likes Dirt
asked the specialized guys here at crankworx and they are saying that the alloy is apparently not 1 sided

Waxie

Squid
Sweet Bike just wish ohlin had a front fork to match the back. Going a fox 40 and ohlins damper would be an expensive option.

Had a talk with my local Specs Dealer about this years Alu Demo. They had no information but offered to called Specs head office to see if they had any more information.

They go back to me a few days later and confirmed that the Alu Demo is going to be manufactured and is being released here in Australia. They are due in country around January - February at the present

No information about price at the moment but my guess is similar to this years Alu Demo at $5000.00 with the way the Australian dollar is going.

higiff

Likes Dirt
Haven't seen anything on the alloy bikes but these are the prices I've seen so far

2016 Demo 8 1 carbon, $8199
2016 S-works Demo 8 $11,499
2016 S-works Demo 8 frame $6499

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Haven't seen anything on the alloy bikes but these are the prices I've seen so far

2016 Demo 8 1 carbon, $8199
2016 S-works Demo 8 $11,499
2016 S-works Demo 8 frame $6499
I'd say they're taking the piss with those prices... but there's enough people willing to part with the coin. It's a shame, they've priced such a huge portion of riders out of their market.

Odissius

Likes Dirt
With prices like those it looks like I'll be keeping my '13 Demo for sometime yet! Seriously, I know it's pointless to complain about it but the cost of bikes is just ridiculous.

Waxie

Squid
It's just the price we pay to play. I spent that much on a bike last year and can't see myself parting with it anytime soon, sure I could have bought a lesser bike and saved some cash but I bet if I did that I would be looking to upgrade already.