2016 Specialized Demo

NoFilter

Likes Dirt
You never know they just might get stock one day. At least you can buy a 2016 Specialized right now, yes they may be overpriced but the bikes deliver and they are backed up by locals that will help you immediately, not a chain of impersonal emails ending up with you sending your bike interstate or overseas at your cost to get fixed. People are way too easily fooled by low rrp on brands like this. Low RRP = Low service.

Mitch243

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You never know they just might get stock one day. At least you can buy a 2016 Specialized right now, yes they may be overpriced but the bikes deliver and they are backed up by locals that will help you immediately, not a chain of impersonal emails ending up with you sending your bike interstate or overseas at your cost to get fixed. People are way too easily fooled by low rrp on brands like this. Low RRP = Low service.
I somewhat agree but its a case-by-case basis. I'm just about onto my second hand counting frames I've broken and the best service I've personally ever had was from Polygon. New frame within the week with the failure issue clearly amended. That said, Specialized are very good (bikeshop I used to work at sold Specialized).

On a related note Santa Cruz are good, Commencal are very, very, very shit.

:focus:

Good lookin' bike with results backing it. I still won't buy one.

stooge

Likes Dirt
Not sure if anyone has seen this, could give you an idea of what we might see over here (alloy pictured right).

Odissius

Likes Dirt
Had a look on the website the other day, those prices are totally ridiculous. Is there not even a low spec alloy version offered anymore? The website only shows the two carbon and the frame only. Pretty sad state of affairs if now costs more than 8k to get a complete bike and 6.5k for a frame only option!

jarrod839

Banned
Had a look on the website the other day, those prices are totally ridiculous. Is there not even a low spec alloy version offered anymore? The website only shows the two carbon and the frame only. Pretty sad state of affairs if now costs more than 8k to get a complete bike and 6.5k for a frame only option!
totally agree.specialized are a bit like apple products they have a set price and if you want it you will pay for it which people do i personally don't see the value in there gear. Sure they may have the service and quality but for 6k you can get a high end YT or canyon with better spec.
I reckon in 2017 u will see specialized do the same as YT and canyon.

Odissius

Likes Dirt
Yep, when it comes time I'd say I'll be going back to a Glory. Not quite the bargain bike they used to be but at least you can get a complete bike with a solid spec for around 5K. Not carbon but whatever. I hope in time carbon frames come down in price near to what alloy were/are if the major companies are going to faze alloy frames out in their DH/AM lines. Hopefully in time brands like Canyon and YT force the more established players hands but it'd be shit if a good spec DH bike from one of the major brands is going to cost 8-10k. Makes it pretty damn tough to get into the sport.

Hoffa02

Likes Bikes
Looking at the new 2016 YT bikes that have just been released and they have increased in price vs LY as well. Obviously the dollar is hurting everyone. I reckon for great value spec, you cant go past polygon. It obviously doesn't have the brand presence that others do but for $4k you can get a better spec'd bike than the other entry level Specialized, Trek etc and still warranty and service at a bike shop.