2016 Trek Remedy 9

blayne&tim

Likes Dirt
I've been astounded by how well this thing rides. The Pro Pedal works like a dream, certainly not too much bike for flowy single track.

I dont know what the hell you are on about with the bars, they are 750mm wide and the stem is very short. You might be thinking of last years spec though.

Miguel75

Likes Dirt
I saw the purple one at a bike shop the other day and loved it. You have a rad looking bike and a bit more blue would make it sing:)

Last edited:

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
750mm is skinny? :crazy:

View attachment 320230
I've been astounded by how well this thing rides. The Pro Pedal works like a dream, certainly not too much bike for flowy single track.

I dont know what the hell you are on about with the bars, they are 750mm wide and the stem is very short. You might be thinking of last years spec though.
Whoops my bad...I just assumed that Trek had stuck with the 685mm bars that came on my 2014 Remedy! 750mm is acceptable...carry on!

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
They came with 685? That's strange, my 2013 R9 came with 740, were the first wide bars I'd ever used and felt very weird at first.

Today is my first day off in almost two weeks and of course it fucking rained all last night and the trails are muddy :mmph:

Flint

Likes Dirt
A couple of mates picked up the Remedy 8 29'er (2015) real cheap and it comes with skinny bars. A bit odd given 29'ers generally have wider bars.

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
They came with 685? That's strange, my 2013 R9 came with 740, were the first wide bars I'd ever used and felt very weird at first.

Today is my first day off in almost two weeks and of course it fucking rained all last night and the trails are muddy :mmph:
Yeah 2014 Remedy 8 650b came with 685mm bars and 75mm stem...was horribly twitchy! I've now been running 750mm bars and 35mm stem for over a year and I'm happy with that setup!

Capt.Gumby

Likes Dirt
My Slash turned up with 690mm instead of the stock Carbon DH bars that were advertised. My LBS said that bikes in Aus are not meant to be shipped with bars greater than 690mm and Trek was about the only company that apparently would abide by this..... strange.... They got me the correct bar ASAP. About a week later I was reading a review on a Fuel Ex and the magazine repeated the exact same statement.... I believe it may have been AMB reviewing a Fuel EX

I will attempt to find a link or go scrounging through the old mags lying under the bed....

Last edited:

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My Slash turned up with 690mm instead of the stock Carbon DH bars that were advertised. My LBS said that bikes in Aus are not meant to be shipped with bars greater than 690mm and Trek was about the only company that apparently would abide by this..... wasn't sure what to believe. They got me the correct bar ASAP. About a week later I was reading a review on a Fuel Ex and the magazine repeated the exact same statement.... I believe it may have been AMB reviewing a Fuel EX

I will attempt to find a link.
Heard the same thing when I bought my 2013 Superfly 100 years ago. However when I got my 2014 Fuel it came with 720mm wide numbers. I think they've realised everyone is flaunting this "rule" and there's no point abiding by it now.
Remedy's came with 750mm wide bars which are so much nicer! IMO of course.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I've read somewhere that bars over 700mm (or something similar) are in contravention of Australian regulation.

will2

Likes Dirt
I've read somewhere that bars over 700mm (or something similar) are in contravention of Australian regulation.
Yeah, I wrote about almost getting done by one very well versed Policeman on the matter. I believe it was in the Poodle's Glory build thread.
Saying that I have never followed it up with the big book of laws, but I think a few other said something similar. Time for a grave dig.
The police officer was initially alarmed when I didn't have reflectors. I think he didn't make his fine quota :noidea:

Capt.Gumby

Likes Dirt
Went scrounging through the old mags and found the review of the 2015 Slash 8 by AMB Feb edition page 83.

I quote:

"Rolling through the carpark through some flat singletrack it was instantly obvious that the bar width was going to be an issue. In Trek's defence manufacturers are only really supposed to spec bars under 700mm on bikes in this country but it is a rule few adhere to and riding the 690s definately took some adjusting to."

Z

Zaf

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/vorsprung-suspension-corset-air-sleeve-trek-drcv-shocks-2015.html

Just saw these new fella's on Pinkbike. Not sure whether you Trek folks are interested, but definitely worth the upgrade I'd say.
Not so relevant for this years models as they come with an EVOL shock already and no longer DRCV.

I know Vorsprung have shown that their can is still "better" (according to them, with their graphs) than the EVOL can, but is not going to be the upgrade that it is going from the older air sleeve design.