International 2016 UCI WC XC racing

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I think the rim choice was probably politics/sponsor driven more then a technical preference. Good to see tied spokes.

No point going up hill like a rocket to be a pussy on the downhill, go the dropper.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Til now, it's been about weight. If Julian wants to win, why isn't he running the lightest/stiffest rims he can? Stans Gold rims are noodles.

Nino has always killed the downs...without a dropper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cúl-Báire

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Til now, it's been about weight. If Julian wants to win, why isn't he running the lightest/stiffest rims he can? Stans Gold rims are noodles.

Nino has always killed the downs...without a dropper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If anything Absalon can probably afford a little more weight; he is a bigger unit and would put out more power than Nino (IMO), Nino kills it on the descents so the use of a dual sus, dropper post are all signs Absalon is trying to find the marginal gains on a fairly technical course.

To give an idea of power, check out this link from Training Peaks - Nino's data from the 2014 Swiss XC Champs.
http://home.trainingpeaks.com/athlete/workout/JH5YYBD2GFBGANFSVEARKY5REA

Note on the average power these guys are punching out, I believe this is recorded w/o zero's as it seems high compared to the Normalized Power (NP) :twitch:

k3n!f

leaking out the other end
Amazing race, brilliant finish. Absalon is smashing the downhills compared with last year. Maybe I should get a dropper post too....

Anyone else think this thread should be moved to the general XC forum? I think it is hidden away here with info about local races.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Julian looked unbeatable! The men attacked that course like animals...the women were fast, but bloody hell...