Sold 2017 Norco Torrent 7.1 Frame (27.5+/29", Large, Boost 12x148)

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Item: 2017 Norco Torrent 7.1 Frame - 27.5+/29", Large, Boost 12x148
Item Condition: Good. Small nick in the paint on toptube & also end of dropout (from transport), otherwise fine.
Reason for selling: Marino frame finally
Price and price conditions: SOLD
Extra Info:
Builds up as a seriously fun "aggressive" hardtail. Original build from Norco is spec'd with 27.5plus, but I was running 29x2.5" in the rear with no troubles. Headset is integrated & included, BB is standard threaded, 31.6 seat tube. See Norco's page here for Geo/Spec. Green decals covered with black vinyl at the moment because stealth, provides a little protection too.
Pictures:

Last edited:

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Have much interest but much less money. Will be keeping an eye on this one in hopes of a fire sale :p
this is a bit of a bargain imo, many of my fastest times on easy trails were on this bike, big tyres gripped well, rear was nimble...i just pedalled it too much on flat dirt roads and thought it pedalled like a dog, keep it on tight single trk, either descending.ascending goes real well
the new purple frame, which looks fantastic is over 5x price

nathanm

Eats Squid
this is a bit of a bargain imo, many of my fastest times on easy trails were on this bike, big tyres gripped well, rear was nimble...i just pedalled it too much on flat dirt roads and thought it pedalled like a dog, keep it on tight single trk, either descending.ascending goes real well
no argument from me there, if I had the spare coin it'd be in my shed already.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
+1 to fastest times on it, i'd follow people down trails (or take off ahead of them) and consistently got shock reactions when they realised it was a hardtail. On smoother flowy trails it's a bit of a weapon, so far i'm actually a fair bit slower on the dually/Marino at the usual trails.

Sweeeet! How does it size up? How tall are you?
I found it fit me just fine (maybe if not just a tad short reach - 444mm) at 6'2", though i'm not one to fuss too much about size to be honest. Going by the numbers this large seems to be around equiv to a more recent medium?

TM2

Likes Bikes
Going by the numbers this large seems to be around equiv to a more recent medium?
So at 170cm yo're telling me theres a chance??!!

I'm going to spend the day looking at geometery charts and my bike convincing me that I could make this fit somehow. Any idea what postage costs would be (roughly), I'm happy to pick up from a melbourne depot or psot to Red Hill VIC.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't

I'm going to spend the day looking at geometery charts and my bike convincing me that I could make this fit somehow. Any idea what postage costs would be (roughly), I'm happy to pick up from a melbourne depot or psot to Red Hill VIC.
norco reckon 172 is bottom limit, but that model had a reach of 440- whilst most of today’s large are 460-480 [the reach on the 2020 torrent Medium is 450] ran stock with 50mstem, maybe if you run a 35/30mm stem you’ll get away with it, with zero etback post..your problem is SA is 72 or something, you’d have to get seat as far forward as possible

Last edited:
Reactions: TM2

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Punch your bikes into this site for comparison.

Reactions: TM2

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Any idea what postage costs would be (roughly), I'm happy to pick up from a melbourne depot or psot to Red Hill VIC.
Might be with a shorter stem, it's not an overly large frame. As D.H said, the one thing that might cause an issue is the slackish STA.

Will have to box it up to see what post will cost, as a rough guesstimation I would say around $35 or so. Usually depends on whether the person at the PO counter is feeling nice and goes by actual instead of cubed weight. Have countered this before by creating odd-shaped boxes.

TM2

Likes Bikes
Might be with a shorter stem, it's not an overly large frame. As D.H said, the one thing that might cause an issue is the slackish STA.

Will have to box it up to see what post will cost, as a rough guesstimation I would say around $35 or so. Usually depends on whether the person at the PO counter is feeling nice and goes by actual instead of cubed weight. Have countered this before by creating odd-shaped boxes.
Thanks, at this stage I'm probably out, I think it might be okay, but I should probably wait till something just right comes along. I'm hoping you sell before I change my mind.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Somehow, I still have both the frame & the fork - take them off my hands for $650 posted for both!