2017 Tour de France

Morgan123

Likes Dirt
Apologies if there's already a thread, is anyone watching this year?

The big question where are Paul and Phil?

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
PAul and Phil have done little bits here and there, my guess is that they may cover the second week or something.

Peter Sagan? Interesting situation, he either had to get the boot or get nothing at all. IF he was guilty then expulsion was really the only outcome, you can't give a lighter sanction than that, I don't think.

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
there's some good videos looking at different angles on sagan vs cavendish. mc tried to go into a closing space between sagan and fence, mc uses head against sagan and sagan reacts with a fark off, its was a man vs beast moment.

porte; well you know those times when you didn't go out in the wet, otherwise known as a fair weather cyclist, yep paying for it now with timid bike handling in time trail and a 40 second deficit on froome. that's gong to be very hard to make up in the mountains with a strong sky team and I can't see porte pinching 40 seconds on any climb, he aren't that much better. of course anything can happen, but it wont' be a brute force attack from porte more a gain by the fault of others, wait and see.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
PAul and Phil have done little bits here and there, my guess is that they may cover the second week or something.

Peter Sagan? Interesting situation, he either had to get the boot or get nothing at all. IF he was guilty then expulsion was really the only outcome, you can't give a lighter sanction than that, I don't think.
Bummer for Sagan, but Karmic payback for Cuntvendish. Couple of years back, he cut another rider off in a sprint and that guy crashed fairly badly. No sympathy for MC. Total shitstain.

Flow-Rider

Burner
there's some good videos looking at different angles on sagan vs cavendish. mc tried to go into a closing space between sagan and fence, mc uses head against sagan and sagan reacts with a fark off, its was a man vs beast moment.

porte; well you know those times when you didn't go out in the wet, otherwise known as a fair weather cyclist, yep paying for it now with timid bike handling in time trail and a 40 second deficit on froome. that's gong to be very hard to make up in the mountains with a strong sky team and I can't see porte pinching 40 seconds on any climb, he aren't that much better. of course anything can happen, but it wont' be a brute force attack from porte more a gain by the fault of others, wait and see.
Yeah, Cavendish had no where to go and you can clearly see he gets his brake hood under the arm of Sagan then Sagan shunts him away.
There's legal action commencing against the decision from what they were saying on the telly last night.

It will be time for Contadore to shine climbing those hills. Froome's an old fox and he knows all the weaknesses of his old training buddy Porte.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse

The initial sentence of a stage DQ and green jersey points loss was the correct call. Race DQ was WAY too draconian, it was a racing accident. IMO, Cav shoulda backed out of a rapidly closing gap, you gotta know when to hold 'em.....

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
the judge commented that as Sagan is world champ they put a higher standard on his behavior hence dq.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Surely they could take his hair style into account though as that deserves waterboarding or something similar.

Flow-Rider

Burner
The initial sentence of a stage DQ and green jersey points loss was the correct call. Race DQ was WAY too draconian, it was a racing accident. IMO, Cav shoulda backed out of a rapidly closing gap, you gotta know when to hold 'em.....
If you were Peter Sagan what would you have done ? Not a trick question. In the heat of the moment I would have done the same most likely.

Knowing you're one of the best sprinters in the world and you've got the bunch closing in on you. If a part of Sagan's bike locked with Cavendish he might have taken most of the bunch out in a crash.

Last edited:

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
Porte is the rider with the best form at the moment, I think he is still the man to beat.
Last year, Froome struggled in the last few stages but had time on his side.

Sagan, very harshly done by. Cavendish didn't have the right to squeeze into a gap that wasn't there.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
If you were Peter Sagan what would you have done ? Not a trick question. In the heat of the moment I would have done the same most likely.

Knowing you're one of the best sprinters in the world and you've got the bunch closing in on you. If a part of Sagan's bike locked with Cavendish he might have taken most of the bunch out in a crash.
Cav bounced off Sagan's hip, it was just a sprinting accident. I don't believe Sagan actually did anything terrible, he was just trying to grab a wheel and Cav went for a gap that ended up not being there.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Cav bounced off Sagan's hip, it was just a sprinting accident. I don't believe Sagan actually did anything terrible, he was just trying to grab a wheel and Cav went for a gap that ended up not being there.
I don't think he should've been punished at all but that's racing I suppose.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Porte is the rider with the best form at the moment, I think he is still the man to beat.
Last year, Froome struggled in the last few stages but had time on his side.

Sagan, very harshly done by. Cavendish didn't have the right to squeeze into a gap that wasn't there.
I wonder if Porte will have enough support to stay out front.

Morgan123

Likes Dirt
Definitely no sympathy from me for cavendish, has always put himself in bad positions relying on the other rider to back down. Certainly makes the race for Green interesting. Only way I can see Froome not winning is due to a crash or mechanical, had Porte covered on the summit finish.

Not the same without Phil commentating