2017 Trek Top Fuel 9.8 - can I change fork?

I am finding the standard Fox 32 Stepcast fork that came on my 2017 Trek Top Fuel 9.8 way too flexy. I am thinking of changing to a Fox 34 Factory or Performance depending on how good a price I can get.

Has anyone done this on a Top Fuel? Does it change the ride characteristics too much? I am assuming it is a straight swap out without any dramas?

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Similar, but not exactly the same situation for me.
The Fuel 2015 model Fuel Ex29 came with a 32mm fork. Swapped it out for a 34 and increased the travel from 120mm to 140mm and it's night and day better. More direct, controlled and precise as well as more comfortable too. It's better everywhere.

I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. Just check with Trek on maximum travel to stay onside of their warranty. Ideally you want to keep the 51mm offset but it's not terminal running 46mm by any means.

notime

Likes Dirt
Plenty of examples or people changing the 2016 model Top Fuel Sid's to a 110 or 120mm air spring with positive results so swapping a 100 step cast to a 120mm fox 34 shouldn't present any major issues.

All fox 34's are already G2 offset so you are good to go. You also have the mino links to play with geo a little once you are at 120. Not sure you can do 100mm in the current fox34 but I'd do 120 regardless.