2017 world cup discussion

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Sam Hill is racing! Yay!!!!
So, Bruni has made a bit of a dick of himself with this 29er talk. He's said he's all for improving suspension technology, improving the way a bike rides etc but then says he's very anti 29er as it makes the trail easier blah blah blah. The next thing he'd say is he only lost to someone because they are on bigger wheels and it made it easier for them. It's dumb, the whole 29er debate in racing is dumb and to have it coming from people who you'd assume want to win more than anything, it's dumb and makes that person look dumb.

But.

The world was sold a sales pitch years ago that a 29er wheel size is perfect for XC racing as it rolls so much better and will make you win all those uphill battles! Now the world is being pitched the benefit of a bigger wheel in downhill and we all know after conducting our own scientific studies that 29er's are the shittest things to ride up a hill. My take on it? I hope companies keep making frames to suit both sizes so we have a choice because we; the public consumer and non world cup team will buy more of the stuff than the world cup trendsetters. With that, I'm ignoring the 29er debate from now on, it's boring.

Couldn't really care less about wheel size. Ill just buy what ever they sell me. I'm not good enough to objectively argue one size over the other.

But Sam Hill.... that gave me a semi seeing his face pop up on the PB trackwalk pics!

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
But Sam Hill.... that gave me a semi seeing his face pop up on the PB trackwalk pics!
I reckon he could spring a damn good surprise on us and go top ten. Imagine a podium ride for the mad dog! That'd be ace!

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
I reckon he could spring a damn good surprise on us and go top ten. Imagine a podium ride for the mad dog! That'd be ace!
Entirely possible that he'd stand on the podium, and I wouldnt be surprised to see him net a top 10. He's had great results there in the past and he's fit!

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
So..... What are peoples views on things such as bespoke shocks? What if Fayolle wins using the one off shock built by his mechanic? Personally, I think it's great. Racing should be pushing the boundaries, improving the breed and making things better. Whatever makes a Downhill bike faster down a hill will trickle down into consumer products. The nature of consumerism means they'll then be consumed.

slimjim1

Fat boomers cloggin' ma leaderboard
we all know after conducting our own scientific studies that 29er's are the shittest things to ride up a hill.
Where can I find these studies??

(Giant bicycles marketing department notwithstanding) :behindsofa:

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Check out this video edit - it's awesome!

[video=youtube;xZSirOGlLtQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZSirOGlLtQ[/video]

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Something to whet your appetite, lots of action from today's quali:

[video=youtube;y7LWsZdIyM8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7LWsZdIyM8&t=1s[/video]

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Rachel Atherton dislocated her shoulder on her last practice run, is what I think I heard through the spotty redbull.tv audio.

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Rachel Atherton dislocated her shoulder on her last practice run, is what I think I heard through the spotty redbull.tv audio.

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk
confirmed.

Tahnee Seagrave to win the Womens'

Hart for the Mens maybe, but would be great if Troy pulled out a blinder and won

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Hannah to win, you ijiot!
Duh, obviously, but I'm not feeling the vibe. Would be fucking ecstatic to be wrong :D

(edit) Yup, wrong :p - that woods section is completely fucked. Everyone is going to have a fairly shit time negotiating the sludge.

Last edited: